Too many missing people!!

hollyweasel
on 1/5/12 11:04 pm - MI
Aw man!  I wish I had an appointment next week!  I could have met you two!

I am going to see him again in 2 months for the 6 mos check in.

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

orangecrushed
on 1/5/12 11:42 pm - Triad, NC
Honeybadger is on FB... if that helps at all.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

z85sparty
on 1/6/12 1:05 am - Mason, MI
All this talk of appointments with Dr. L made me remember I need to book an appointment with him, since he wanted to see me again in January!!! lol

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

hollyweasel
on 1/6/12 4:09 am - MI
Okay so since most of us are here - a weird question for the Dr. L people.

Did any of you do / pay the $2k for the bi-weekly Monday meetings?

I paid half so far, but have yet to go since last year.

fullhousemom
on 1/6/12 5:06 am
Is this a new policy?  I thought the support meetings were free. I dont attend the meetings because I live in Lansing.  
fullhousemom
on 1/6/12 5:07 am
 And did I understand this right?  $2,000 a year to attend support meetings?
hollyweasel
on 1/8/12 11:56 pm - MI
This is what I was told before I went in to surgery and was forced to pay $1k before the operation and expected to pay the remaining $1k before my 6 month appointment.  I can't attend the meetings (not to mention the few I have been too are basically just a commercial for other people to get the surgery.. which is fine, I just don't want to pay for it).  I am going to be fighting the remaining $1k, just wondered if anyone else had as well.

honeybadger 11
on 1/6/12 12:46 pm - FL
Im HERE Dawn:) Sorry this was my 1st week back at work and ive not been on either board much. On OH i usually just browse and dont post much anyways.

My NOW egg white protein came in yesterday and mix with lactaid and a little chocolate SF syrup it kinda taste like McDonalds ice cream to me! That was a nice surprise:) 

Thanks for your concern.  I hope to post my 2 months photos on Monday on the other board.

Its nice to know someone looks out for me:)

How are you doing?

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

fullhousemom
on 1/6/12 11:54 pm
 I am doing pretty good.   I am thinking that I may have a problem with whey instead of lactose. I have another brand of whey protein and I am scared to try it!  It sounds like the egg protein is working well for you. If this other brand of whey doesnt work for me, I'm getting rid of the whey.  The dhr and cramping makes me so miserable that I keep putting it off. 

Glad to hear you are doing well. Cant wait to see pictures!

honeybadger 11
on 1/7/12 1:49 am - FL
Yep i had the same problem with whey. My last whey was whey isolate which is near lactose free. I had 2 shakes and by that evening i was pooing my guts out! I made sure i ate exactly the same food i had been eating so nothing was new besides the whey isolate that day. Next day no whey, just fine.

Ive been using egg white protein for 3 days now and everything is going well so far! Im glad to be getting my protein shakes in finally. Im getting at least 60gm of protein from food so im on track as far as the rules goes (30gms by 30days, 60gms by 60days and 90gms by 90days) but its nice to have the extra protein:)

Let me know how the new whey goes.

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com