Hair Re-growth

kathy215
on 1/2/12 3:16 am
Hi..

Just wanted to get some feedback.. I am 10 1/2 months post op, I lost 156 pounds.. Lost hair from 3 months  to about 5 months post op..  I had alot of hair to begin with and only a few have noticed the loss. I am mostly happy withy my hair now, but, in one spot on top, I wish I had a few more hairs there (HA HA), So my question is. When did you notice hair regrowth? 

Thanks in Advance.
Kathy
* Gail R *
on 1/2/12 4:41 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I am sad because my hair didn't come back. Two reasons, most likely, because my Thyroid levels got really out of whack and perhaps my protein intake was not high enough. I would trade my great health any day for my hair,k but it was one of my vanities...
I wonder if after two years it is too late. I should post that question separatly.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Angelina H.
on 1/2/12 7:48 am
you will know when it grows in as one day you will look in the mirror and see 3/4 " hairs all over your head sprouting out of your normal hair.

I am 2 years 5 months our and the under growth hair is now down to my shoulders while the rest of it is about bra length.

I refused to cut my long hair it was always my best feature.

I loved it.  I figure at the rate mine is growing back.... should all be bra length in about 2 more years.

your hair might grow faster however so................

KellyJTn
on 1/3/12 9:02 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I am 16 mths out and lost about 1/2 the hair on my head. I don't have any bald spots, but it's really thin now compared to what it was pre-op. I've just now really started to notice the regrowth, mostly when I put my hair back into a ponytail. There's hairs sticking out everywhere. I am SO thankful that it's coming back!! 

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

DS4dana
on 1/4/12 3:51 am, edited 1/4/12 3:51 am - CA
My regrowth was noticable by 10 months with a whole bunch of little short hairs making my thin hair look 'puffy'.    It's all good.  I am keeping my hair about shoulder length, cutting an inch off every few months and waiting until it all 'catches up' to let it get longer. 

(5'6" Lg frame 7'wrist)  Pants: size 6-8
HW- 265  SW-251  CW-146 GW-155 (100% EWL in 10 months) LOW GW- 145

elixir
on 1/4/12 6:00 pm, edited 1/4/12 6:00 pm - MI
My hair starting falling out around 4 or 5 months out of surgery. Now at seven months it's starting to grow back in, but looked really awful. I keep my hair very short normally which made it very obvious that I had lost so much and also that the new growth was much shorter than the rest of my hair. It looked ridiculous. I absolutely hated it... soooooo..... I GI Janed it. And I have to say I absolutely love it. I started wearing wigs before I shaved it, but now I can go with or without a wig and not feel self-conscious. (I felt very self conscious before shaving.) And no bald spots.

Edited to add: my profile pic is me wearing one of my wigs. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor