Lisa A.
on 1/4/12 8:54 am - Windsor, NY
Was yours done open or lap?

Dudette
on 1/4/12 9:40 am, edited 1/4/12 9:40 am - Edina, MN
Hi Lisa! My DS was done Lap.
lisalou79
on 1/2/12 11:17 am - de soto, MO
 Thanks to all the great feedback and information on Dr. Ungson. I've spent the better part of my day today developing a Powerpoint presentation.

Why would I do this? To inform my family and friends of 

1. My decision to have DS
2. Why I have chosen this
3. What all I went through from start to finish that has lead me to this decision and choosing to go to Dr. Ungson in Mexico.
4. Inform them of the research on weight loss surgery and my specific options

My Powerpoint was 35 slides long and includes pictures. 

I feel, there is no better message I could have sent to educate my family about my situtation, decision, and feelings.

Ultimately, I would love for my Mom to go with me as my travel buddy. I just don't know if she'll come around. At least I know that I have done the best I can to communicate my unique situation and needs to my family. What they think beyond this is their choice. 

lisalou79
on 1/4/12 3:38 am - de soto, MO
 I got a call last night from my sister. She viewed my Powerpoint and wants to go with me! My Mom has offered to watch the kids too.

Well, I guess this proves a point. Don't give up hope....ever! 

I thought it was a long shot getting ANY of my family on board with me to have this surgery with Dr. Ungson. (thanks Emily)

Anyways, I'm just so glad that I will have my sister with me to support me through this experience.
Dudette
on 1/4/12 8:09 am - Edina, MN
That's awesome that your sister will be there with you! My daughter (who's 20 yrs. old) came with me to Mexico. I scheduled my surgery during her two week semester break from college so that we could make a mini-vacation out of the pre-surgery travel. I didn't really need her there physically to help me get around, but it sure was nice to have a partner-in-crime along for the ride to keep me company.

I'm sure that this will be as big an adventure for you and your sister as it was for us.  ¡Viva Mexico  

lisalou79
on 1/4/12 8:52 am - de soto, MO
 Thanks! Oh, i will indeed be an adventure. My sister has never even been out of the country before. We'll see how she fairs, lol. I've been to southern Mexico but not the northern part so this will be new to me.

I'm just focusing on the surgery part. So if anything cool happens while we're their it's just an added bonus. 

Still, I am 100% relieved that I will have her with me. Can't wait! 
Rena H.
on 1/4/12 10:39 am - Spokane, WA
I can vouch for the awesomeness of Dr. Ungson! He is a great man, and a great surgeon. PM me if you have any questions. I would be more than happy to share with you anything you would like to know.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Rena
HW - 395 / SW - 358 / GW - 150

Crazeru
on 1/4/12 10:42 am
I had my DS in SF with my daughter for a night and day, and my mom and sis until they took me home.  I was a slug and hurt, but did walk several times.  Recovery was slower with the DS.   

I went to Monterrey Mexico by myself for my plastics.  It was much easier on my body, less pain, and I didn't have a problem being by myself.  I did spend 7 days in the clinic and then 7 days at the hotel. 

I do suggest you have wheelchair access to fly home.  It's a life saver.  I also brought down perocets and used them traveling home.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda