I miss seeing Vitalady on the boards

Imissthe80s
on 1/3/12 5:28 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Site is still down.  This is troubling indeed.  I wonder if there is an 800 number for those who need vites?

southernlady5464
on 1/3/12 5:56 am
On January 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM Pacific Time, Imissthe80s wrote:
Site is still down.  This is troubling indeed.  I wonder if there is an 800 number for those who need vites?
I know there is one but for the life of me, we don't know it.. Their number is (253) 848-5118 if you are like me and have nationwide cell phone coverage. Worked for us, it's how we found out what happened.

My husband called them when we discovered it down...apparently they host at GoDaddy, who LOST their site in the last backup...they are not pleased to say the least but will be back as soon as they can.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Imissthe80s
on 1/3/12 6:15 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Thanks, Liz! I hope the site gets recovered somehow! Geez!

Anna G.
on 1/3/12 6:22 am
Thanks for checking, Liz! How awful that the site was lost! I hope it's fully recoverable. Here's the toll free number for anyone who might need it: 866-848-2523  

beemerbeeper
on 1/3/12 7:04 am - AL
I miss her too.

Those of us who understand why we need to follow her vitamin program (or something very similar based on our personal labs) are going to have to do a better job of spreading the message.

These surgeons and pcp docs will kill our fellow DSers if we let them.

I have had some bad times in the 2+ years since my DS.  I have had some periods of deep depression, some periods of just plain screwed up thinking, and some periods of being SUPER busy and stressed.

I may not always eat right, but it is NOT HARD to get 100+ grams of protein and to take ALL my vites every day.  It is NOT HARD.

I take my Calcium/Potassium/Magnesium/D spread out during the day.  Even when I am at a Flyball tournament which is the loudest, craziest place you have ever been, I don't miss my vites.  I take a timer and leave it out where I can see it.  My friends are all used to it now and remind me that it went off if I am away from my chair at the time.

You just do what you have to do.  It comes with the benefits of having had the best surgical option there is.

~Becky

Janet P.
on 1/5/12 2:23 am
She's definitely in my thoughts. Her site is back up as I just placed a vitamin order about an hour ago (Thursday).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny