I miss seeing Vitalady on the boards

MajorMom
on 1/1/12 9:19 pm - VA
I'm missing Michelle, Vitalady, this morning. She has been my mentor in many ways since my first year post-op. Michelle posted on her grads board that she is not well. Her autoimmune issues are flaring up and these predated her surgery, so this is not WLS related. Her trip east this past summer really did Don and her in...wore them out even though they love making the summer trips via RV. Not that the trip did it but bad luck seemed to follow them.

Things I see and read on the various boards and sites scare me. Some have lost her vision of a healthy WLS community teaching surgeons and their staff what it takes to follow labs and tweak vitamins according to individual labs, and boost healing and overall health and long term success via 100 plus grams of protein for life. 

Please keep Michelle's vision in mind as you continue on your journey. Have a great Monday.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Renee2007
on 1/1/12 10:11 pm, edited 1/1/12 10:12 pm - Central, FL
 I miss her too and I hate to hear that she's not feeling well. I have always read her posts and listened to her very knowledgeable and thoughtful advice. It scares me the many recent posts that I have seen from people stating that they need to get back on track with their vitamins and I've seen some resolutions stating they will start taking them daily. I just can't imagine with my amount of malabsorption going on 4 yrs. post-op where I would be if I didn't take my vitamins diligently. I will forever be grateful for all the help she has offered me and the fact that she has all of the vitamins I need with the click of a button!

Thanks Michelle for all you do!

Edited for typos :)

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

wings
on 1/1/12 10:37 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Reenee

What has happened to Vitalady?  Can we still get our vitamins?  I was just getting ready to e-mail my labs to her for her opinion and maybe some help convincing a doctor I need iron infusion. 

I cant do this without her.  Michelle is the reason my labs are good.  At 2-years out I have a couple issures normal to DS patients that I need her guidance on because docotors just don't get the malabsorption isssue we have.

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
MajorMom
on 1/1/12 10:41 pm - VA
 Her store is still running and working. Send her an email and see if she answers. If she's off with family it may take a bit for her to get back to you. 

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Renee2007
on 1/1/12 10:59 pm - Central, FL
 You can still order everything you need from her web site. Like Gina mentioned, send her an email and I'm pretty sure you will hear back from her.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 11:31 pm
Fade2Pink
on 1/2/12 1:42 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Michelle is such a giving woman, I always have been impressed with how much information and support she offers to so many WLS patients.  I hope that her health improves, quickly.
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

He who can't be Named
on 1/2/12 4:55 am
I've been missing her on this board as well.

She's been one of the best assets of this place, and I for one would be worse off without her advice.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
J G.
on 1/2/12 4:06 pm
Gina, what a coincidence that you posted this.  I was just thinking about a post someone had made questioning the amount of vitamins we take.  Everyone *****plied mentioned how great Vitalady's plan is. It made me think (once again) of how we have all benefited since Michelle visited our board (I remember the day!)  We have all gained from her years of experimenting, researching, and documenting.

I was worried that their summer trip was too hard on them.  I hope they will rebound quickly.

- Jenny
southernlady5464
on 1/2/12 10:19 pm
Now her site is down...not sure if it's just a server issue or what but it really worries me now.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135