POST DS - (undifferentiated) autoimmune diseases

Anne S.
on 12/31/11 3:32 am
Anybody have a new diagnosis, or have a diagnosis of an autoimmune disease as a DS postop? 

Thanks!
anne

Learning about the DS? An excellent resource is www.dsfacts.com
For scientific studies about the DS and more, "friend" me, and then click on my profile. Best of luck on your journey.

dustydeer
on 12/31/11 5:28 am
I have a skin condition that is called Granuloma annulare and it is thought to be caused by an autoimmune disease.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Julie R.
on 12/31/11 5:51 am - Ludington, MI
 I know that some have....do some research on how gluten contributes to them.   I see things pop up about this on various DS pages.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Samaro ..
on 12/31/11 7:06 am
I have, Anne.  I don't participate much on this site any longer but I'd be happy to talk with you about this if you'd like.  See below.

Elizabeth N.
on 1/1/12 12:28 am - Burlington County, NJ
Come talk to me about it at the new place hon! I've got crap going on that way too.

determineddanni
on 1/1/12 11:48 am
 From what I understand about autoimmune diseases are genetically passed down. Not all but most. Also if you have one autoimmune disease you have a higher chance of getting another. I inherited my hashimotos disease but I wouldn't be surprised to get another. Got autoimmune diseases gallor an both sides of my fam. I would do your research and also do some family digging if they are willing.

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

fullhousemom
on 1/2/12 12:40 am
My dad had AHA, autoimmune hemalytic anemia at 4 years post-op.  He was  24 hours from death. A certain white blood cell was killing all his red blood cells. 50% of the people with AHA have no known cause. They found no link to his DS surgery.   Only time will tell....