need a revision to a DS from an RnY and need a DR in Mich, HELP!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 12:11 am
Pay attention to what clpeltz wrote. It's correct. There aren't any more. I'm a revision.
fullhousemom
on 12/31/11 12:26 am
 I am not sure where the list came from, who put together the list, or how often the list is even updated. If from DSfacts, I have found that the site is not kept up-to-date. Dr K was mentioned above as was Dr L in my post and one other. 

Regardless of lists, I will emphasize that as a patient, you need to get statistics from your proposed surgeon as to the types of revisions he/she has done and what type of success rate he/she has had.   Ask about complications that have resulted in his/her performed revision surgery. If your surgeon has only performed 2 revisions, I would go elsewhere. But 50?  100?  You may change your mind. Revisions are becoming too common.  That is unfortunate, but it does mean that PERHAPS there are more surgeons performing them. 

DONT let the surgeon chose you. YOU choose the surgeon. It is worth checking out and talking to the two surgeons mentioned, but dont make a decision until you get their stats. Both are well known on this board. Check the revision boards also and look for Mi revision surgeons. 

Good luck!
clpeltz
on 12/31/11 12:46 am
My list is accurate and up to date. If you go with Any other surgeon for a Rny to DS revision, you are putting your life at risk or not getting a true DS.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

larra
on 12/31/11 12:49 am - bay area, CA
Check for yourself with Dr. Kenmeter in MI. He may or may not be doing RNY to DS revisions these days. I don't claim to know.
    I do know, for sure, that Dr. Buchwald in Minn does them, he may be your closest. I also know for sure that Dr. Ungson in Mexico does NOT do them, contrary to what someone else posted.
    So check the specifics of your insurance policy and see what's covered, then check with the docs to see what they do. Keep in mind also that this is a higher risk surgery, and also that for various technical reasons, RNY to DS is not always possible.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 1:51 am