Pain in Left Side below ribs. Doc out til next year.

Not yo business OH
on 12/30/11 4:41 am
Hey guys.  I have had a pain in my left side for about 4 days now.  It can be no pain at all, but if I stand up straight, it can double me over.  My bms are regular.  I don't have a tempurature.  My hernia that was repaired seems okay and I can't feel anything with my hand when I feel of the area.  Any ideas?  If it gets any worse I am going to have to go to the ER.  My Family Doctor is out til next week and so is Dr. Sudan. 

Thanks.

T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
Valerie G.
on 12/30/11 4:54 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I can't remember which side it's on -- but do you still have your gallbladder?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

YeahItsCase
on 12/30/11 5:30 am
gallbladder is on right side.

Valerie G.
on 12/30/11 5:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I couldn't remember, but it's the first thing I think of when I hear of pain underneath the ribs.
Thanks for clearing that up

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Not yo business OH
on 12/30/11 6:19 am
Nope.  No Gallbladder, no appendix, just a pain in my side and today it isn't my husband!  lol  I guess if things don't get better, I will head to the ER after my girls get home.  I actually collapsed from the pain earlier.  It seems to get worse when I take steps on my left leg.  Can't think of anything other than a pulled muscle, but that doesn't fit either.

T

Gracie P.
on 12/30/11 6:20 am - Mansfield, OH
My obstructed bowel pain was near my ribs, kinda like my diaphragm was hurting.  I didn't really have much pain until it hit me like a brick!  Then it was pain and heaving and heaving and heaving. 

So if the heaving begins... get to the hospital!

Good luck!  I hope this isn't the case for you.

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

* Gail R *
on 12/30/11 6:35 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Please follow up with what it is. Hope it is nothing more than a strain but play it safe.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Not yo business OH
on 12/30/11 9:33 am
In ER! Yipee!

Poodles
on 12/30/11 11:09 am - TX

Does it hurt when you go to the rest room?  My first thought is Kidney stones, but they have been on my mind alot lately... unfortunately.

Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html