Which iron infusion is best?? Venofer, dextran, ferrlecit, infed...?!

ellesix
on 12/29/11 9:14 am
I took the infed in 1 8-hour sitting. It was covered by my insurance but only partially. I was shocked to get the bill. They gave me benedryl with it. It was fine an comfortable and I instantly felt better after sitting through it. I had no side effects.

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
KRWaters
on 12/30/11 7:29 am - Manteca, CA
I have had two Fereheme infusions in the Infusion center where people are getting cancer treatment. It was a piece of cake for me. Saline first for 15 minutes about, and then the Fereheme for 20 mins if that. Had to sit for 1/2 hour to make sure no reaction. I see my hema next  month. I may need to get the infusion yearly. My hema said that Fereheme is the newest one and the best one, and easiest to do. Def worth checking out. Good luck.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

KellyJTn
on 12/31/11 1:27 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I had 2 Fereheme infusions 1 week apart, and was told that I am good to go for a year. I still have to go back every 3 mths just to get my iron checked to make sure, but the last check I was still good.  My insurance paid for it 100%.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150