Two Year Surgiversary--Photo Whoring

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 10:12 pm, edited 12/27/11 10:21 pm
It’s been said so many times, one more time won’t hurt: I can’t believe it’s been two years! The first year was a learning experience and the second was no different. It’s one thing to lose the weight, but when it comes to maintenance, it’s another learning experience altogether. But for those just about to go through round one here is the obligatory stuff: Not only did I lose 185 lbs, I lost all co-morbids such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure; pre-diabetes, probable (because I refused testing) sleep apnea. I also stopped the progression to heart disease. My COPD is controlled now and I still have GERD which is also controllable with meds. Other than incisional hernia repair eight months after my DS, all has been pretty smooth-my last labs were on the down trend and with Major Mom's help I'm on the way to boosting them. My liver enzymes are whacking out and two docs are watching them. My energy level / stamina is through the roof, especially considering where it was pre-op. What hasn’t changed is my back pain, but I have more issues than just added weight-mine are mechanical with nerve damage. Even though it was disappointing to not lose the pain, I’ve gained so much more. Life… who knew I had one?! Thanks to all the vets who stay here on DS giving so much of themselves-sharing their knowledge, their experiences and their wit; without your guidance we’d all be screwed.    So without further ado… on to photo whoring!

Me at 323 lbs Sept. 2009

Me on Christmas Day 2009, weight 303 lbs.

On my 46th birthday, 2 weeks after my DS

Me and Val at her fabulous restaurant Porky Capones-Dec. 2011. Weight 145

Christmas Day 2011 weight 145 lbs. Size 10 jeans, 8-10 top

Mark and me Christmas Day 2011.  People think he's cheating on his wife!
Joanlaptods
on 12/27/11 11:51 pm
Congratulations you look awesome. I can see why people think your husband is cheating you look completely different.LOL.

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 12:40 am

I know, right?! It's hilarious! Was at a Xmas party and an old male friend of the family kept on and on about my wl, along with continual hugs. Mark was getting a tad pissed--jealousy is something I'm not used to. *lol*

Nicolle
on 12/28/11 12:20 am
Wow! Congrats to you on two great years! You always had a sparkle in your eyes, but now you have the enrgy to match!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 12:40 am
Thanks so much Nicolle! It's vets like you that helped me through it all. xo
beemerbeeper
on 12/28/11 12:28 am - AL
You've been such an inspiration to so many, including me (who came BEFORE YOU).  How does that work?  Dunno but it is true.

I love the photos.  You look amazing. 

And I'm glad to hear how well you are feeling.  That is the best part for me.  The energy and general feeling of health.  It is amazing.

I also agree that maintenance is another beast.  I gained from my usual 142.5 to over 147.5 over the holiday.  Today I was down to 146.5 so I still have 3 lbs to go.  But all I have to do is eat my PROTEIN and not eat CARBS and I know it will come off over the next few days.

I get serious now about 3 or 4 lbs because it makes a difference in how (or IF) my clothes fit.  3 or 4 lbs when I weighed 260 lbs was meaningless.  Which is probably why I kept gaining and gaining.

Anyway serious congrats to you. And thanks for hanging around and paying it forward.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 12:42 am
Thanks Becky--talk about inspriation, take a look in the mirror my friend! Maintenance is another beast indeed, but what's so awesome about our DS is I can **** out 3 pounds, fart out another 2, and be back at goal weight!! *lol* How cool is that?!
keliblue
on 12/28/11 12:31 am - Georgetown, CA
you look amazing !!

Congrats

kb

FAITH..TRUST & PIXIE DUST.....

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 12:42 am
thanks Keli!
Sher Bear Mama
on 12/28/11 12:41 am
So the DS not only makes you lose weight but it makes you age backwards as well! You look fantastic!

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama