What is going on over here?

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 1:21 pm
On December 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM Pacific Time, stormechaser wrote:
Can't hear what? *****iness?  Condescending attitude? Holier than though bull**** I'm sorry, but I chose  nicer words to describe that person and attempted to be civil . She hid behind the gap of cyberspace and plunked out advice with a malicious dose of sarcasm. If a person not hiding behind the Internet spoke to me the way she did, well let's just say I wouldn't be so nice.

Cover my ears and not hear what? I saw plenty of people say how she helped them. Good for them. I am glad some people were helped. All I saw---and I read a **** ton of posts---was a controlling, ill tempered shrew bent on being queen bee of the duodenal switch. (add in the fact that the dsfacts.com site is heavily peppered with her and her input. That in of itself is highly suspicious.) Which, frankly, aside from the band-wagoners on this particular part of OH, has yet to prove to me to be the gold standard of anything. I am still researching this. Hence, why I started poking around the DS boards to gain some insight. None to be found, I am afraid, unless I kissed her ass and followed her like a sheep. No thank you.

Her postings were filled with derogatory rhetoric and generally made me, or anyone else who dared to ask a question, feel like an ignorant moron for daring to ask.  Ridiculous.  

I initially tried to go over to the other site thinking that people had finally had enough of her, only to find out she had been banned from here. Good! I for one reported her several months ago for bullying. I read her bull**** story that smacks of Stephen King on a bender as to why all whatever happened. Oh my God, who the hell cares??? There is more to life than he said/she said on a damn Internet board!!! Get a ******g life.

Well, I hope that clears up whether or not I heard her. Yes, I heard a ***** try and tell me what she thought. And not as a helpful friend or someone who has been there. NO, it was a do as I say or suffer the consequences dictatorship of Queen of all that is Duodenal Switch!

I tried to be nice, but when someone is as cruel as she and markets it as "help", well then I guess Dr. Mengele was helpful too. I am done being nice. To hell with this particular part of OH. For every bad apple over here, there are dozens of good and caring people on OH. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
Really???

Your post sounds exactly like what you are saying she did.

Pot meet kettle.
stormechaser
on 12/28/11 1:33 pm
DS on 06/08/17
Oh...my.... god...really??? I lashed out in defense of myself...not against others. She and I are nothing alike as I would never tell someone they are too stupid to have surgery.  

I also know when the fight is over and when it's a waste of time. Bash me all you'd like-its what you do over here and you are good at it.  It won't be long before you all migrate oer to the Queen's new palace and kiss her ass over there.

I have things to do to make my life better. That doesn't include talking about a caustic women that the powers that be finally got rid of.

Good bye haters.

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 1:55 pm
Really!!!

You are here calling her names when she cannot defend herself.

You are saying that I and others kiss her ass, ( Is that a little caustic?)

You are doing the same thigs you are accusing her of doing.

I have already migrated, when the new site first came about and I did it to get away from people just like you.
Paula R.
on 12/28/11 2:12 pm, edited 12/28/11 2:20 pm - Portland, OR
You are aware that there is a BLOCK button and it can make the object of your anger and hostility disappear, right?   Seriously, some really annoying person from the MB blocked me a week or so ago and magically the annoyance went away...because she completely disappeared from my sight altogether.  Its absolutely amazing and oh so heavenly.  It never ceases to amaze me how people will go on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum about the big bad meanies of the internet, yet never once bother to utilize a handly little feature that would spare a great deal of anger and hostility.  Its what they created it for.

She could have been Hannibal Lecter, Freddy Kruger, Jason from Friday the 13th, Michael Myers, Mengele, and every other assorted character both in fictional and real life nightmares all rolled into one with fangs that dripped battery acid and claws sharp enough to make the Chupacabra or an eagle jealous....but you had the power to make her disappear with one tiny little click.   She doesnt have magical superpowers to make masses of people flee in terror.  A person can only have that much power over you if you allow it to happen.  

I really honestly hope you figure out what the next best thing for you is going to be and I wish you well on your journey.  But speaking from personal experience, holding on to so much anger hurts more than it helps.

***note to self: remember to owe mh some exalt for some really good points

My signature is in the witness protection program

MsBatt
on 12/29/11 12:26 am
On December 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM Pacific Time, stormechaser wrote:
Can't hear what? *****iness?  Condescending attitude? Holier than though bull**** I'm sorry, but I chose  nicer words to describe that person and attempted to be civil . She hid behind the gap of cyberspace and plunked out advice with a malicious dose of sarcasm. If a person not hiding behind the Internet spoke to me the way she did, well let's just say I wouldn't be so nice.

Cover my ears and not hear what? I saw plenty of people say how she helped them. Good for them. I am glad some people were helped. All I saw---and I read a **** ton of posts---was a controlling, ill tempered shrew bent on being queen bee of the duodenal switch. (add in the fact that the dsfacts.com site is heavily peppered with her and her input. That in of itself is highly suspicious.) Which, frankly, aside from the band-wagoners on this particular part of OH, has yet to prove to me to be the gold standard of anything. I am still researching this. Hence, why I started poking around the DS boards to gain some insight. None to be found, I am afraid, unless I kissed her ass and followed her like a sheep. No thank you.

Her postings were filled with derogatory rhetoric and generally made me, or anyone else who dared to ask a question, feel like an ignorant moron for daring to ask.  Ridiculous.  

I initially tried to go over to the other site thinking that people had finally had enough of her, only to find out she had been banned from here. Good! I for one reported her several months ago for bullying. I read her bull**** story that smacks of Stephen King on a bender as to why all whatever happened. Oh my God, who the hell cares??? There is more to life than he said/she said on a damn Internet board!!! Get a ******g life.

Well, I hope that clears up whether or not I heard her. Yes, I heard a ***** try and tell me what she thought. And not as a helpful friend or someone who has been there. NO, it was a do as I say or suffer the consequences dictatorship of Queen of all that is Duodenal Switch!

I tried to be nice, but when someone is as cruel as she and markets it as "help", well then I guess Dr. Mengele was helpful too. I am done being nice. To hell with this particular part of OH. For every bad apple over here, there are dozens of good and caring people on OH. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
Diana hurt your feelings. I get that. We ALL get that. That's not the point.

To quote your words, again, you said I am so glad she is gone as her acid posts kept me away from some valuable information here.

It's not as if Diana alone was offering you this info. You could have blocked Diana and never been troubled by her again, and you could have gotten the same basic information from lots of other people here, and on other websites as well.

You covered your ears and refused to hear the message, because you didn't like the messenger. The responsibility for that lies solidly on YOU, no one else.

I think you should choose the RNY as your revision surgery, because I don't think you're capable of doing the sort of life-long self-advocacy the DS demands. I'm not saying you're too stupid to do it, because I suspect you're smarter than you act. I just don't think you're emotionally ready to separate the message from the messenger, to hear and accept the hard truths.

Sorry things didn't work out well for you with your VSG, and I hope you'll do better with your RNY---but remember, it WILL be your last shot at a successful WLS. Once they convert your Sleeve into a pouch, there will be no going back.
zuzupetals2u2
on 12/28/11 2:39 pm - Sedona, AZ
m h - now you see I am not the ONLY one saying these things, right???? I've been here over 2 years on & off and have seen this expressed, as well as witnessed it happening many times. Open your eyes!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

newyorkbitch
on 12/28/11 10:40 pm
 If you or anybody else finds someone so awful,  why do you insist on continuing to read their posts and engaging them?  At some point your "feelings" are your own fault.  Nobody is stopping you from blocking that person or ignoring them.  But clearly you enjoy the back and forth...otherwise you would stop engaging in it.  

The trick here is to stop caring so much.  This is just an internet discussion board and these people are not your real life friends....this website (and every other) can be used as you think it will benefit you...if you care to read the posts that disturb you,  that's your problem.

One person's bully is another person's champion.  It's really completely up to you.
zuzupetals2u2
on 12/29/11 2:29 am - Sedona, AZ
you are right NYB and a wise woman too.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 11:26 pm
My eyes are wide open.  I have been here since 2003 and joined in 2004.

I do see that you are not the only one, now I see 2 of you. You are never going to convince me that there are hundreds of people out there cowering in fear and not posting because of a few people.

UTILIZE the block button, that is all you and everyone else needs to do, use the block button instead of cyber stalking trying to get everyone to see what you see and trying to change people's minds via PM.

JUST BLOCK WHOMEVER YOU DON'T LIKE!!

See how easy it could be? You could actually use your time and energy more productively.
zuzupetals2u2
on 12/29/11 2:27 am - Sedona, AZ
they were blocked here & will be blocked again there. I have held my tongue too long & it was time to comment. I know it did little good but I said my piece. I have seen many leave over it and maybe now more might return-? In any case I am a year out and know what to do now and don't plan to spend much more time on any of the sites as I have more productive things I should do. I wish you all well.

Winnie the Pooh