What is going on over here?

Jolly Rancher
on 12/27/11 11:19 am
Where did I say disability was welfare? Don't put words in my mouth. You were given a LOT of great advice on your "throw a tantrum" thread, but I got the feeling you felt you were too good to take a job that you felt beneath you.........

I have absolutely no biases towards disability. I'm glad it's there for those who truly need it. I have and have had family members on disability, so no, I know it's not welfare. Just saying your eyes/ears were closed to hear or read anything that didn't agree with your poor woe is me thread. People are begging for jobs at McDonalds. Bet you'd never do that, even if it'd get you off disability. You're over-educated, over-experienced, I could go on.

Weren't you on here saying you'd gained 20 some pounds or so???? Yeah, I think that was you....Not that it's a bad thing, but you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth on a number of issues.

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 1:05 pm
On December 27, 2011 at 7:05 PM Pacific Time, JazzyOne9254 wrote:

By the way....

Disability is *not* welfare....I worked for over 20 years in my chosen profession, until I couldn't anymore. My tax dollars paid into SSDI, every working American does.  It's long-term disability insurance...*not* welfare.

Perhaps you need to examine your own biases?  I'm just sayin'...

And yes, I am hypermalabsorptive.  I could probably eat the normal DSer under a table and not gain a pound!
Jolly Rancher in no way said that SSDI was welfare or that you didn't deserve it.

I also have a 75cm common channel and am not hypermalabsorptive and if you are, you need more than 50,000ius of D a week.  WAY more.

Maybe we should get into an eating contest because I can eat like that also and not gain an ounce.

You did say that you had gained 20 pounds, I can only wish that I would at this point but my labs are ALL good so I am not worried. :)
rhonda C.
on 12/28/11 8:06 pm - PA
Rhonda   

Confidence never comes from having all the answers:
it comes from being open to ask questions

Uni
on 12/25/11 6:49 am
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 1:01 pm
Everyone on that thread that you are referring to tried to help you, including an employee of the school you were attending.  You just did not want to hear what anyone had to say.  All you wanted was people to feel sorry for you and when that didn't happen you left.

Raven300
on 12/25/11 5:54 am
 For those of you that are unhappy or feel threatened when you read another person's post - you do know that there is a way to block a person, don't you? That way you don't ever have to read a post from someone that makes you feel yucky.  Of course, you could just NOT read that persons posts but OH built in this handy block/ignore button so that you won't even be tempted to peek at whatever it is that offends you.

Shame they don't have a block button during the political primaries.
stormechaser
on 12/25/11 6:01 am
DS on 06/08/17
LOL Raven! I wish there was a political block button! I work in a call center and I am getting those damn local politicians callling.

Jazzy-exactly!! Glad you are feeling better too. I had so many issues before I got diagnosed with PCOS and then treated. What a difference knowing makes.

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

zuzupetals2u2
on 12/25/11 7:05 am - Sedona, AZ
everyone has their opinions. I am just going to read all 3 boards now but I don't feel particularly comfortable on the new one to say much. I know we can't tell anyone how to post but it doesn't go both ways. If they don't like your frankness or opinion your post is critisized. I am already in trouble there I think and will be spending most of the time here with this group and FB.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

MsBatt
on 12/28/11 9:59 am
On December 24, 2011 at 1:40 PM Pacific Time, stormechaser wrote:
I haven't been on the boards here at OH for the last couple of weeks thanks to work and holiday stress. I am lurking at work today and I was shocked to see all the ship jumping.

I cross post here and on the VSG boards because I am gearing up to revise my surgery.

What the heck happened here?

I did some reading and found they banned a frequent poster on the DS board. I have to be honest, I am so glad she is gone as her acid posts kept me away from some valuable information here. So I am not sorry about that happening. But what is up with the whole moderator free enviornment flipping the script and going Nazi?

Thanks for the input :)
I have to be honest, I am so glad she is gone as her acid posts kept me away from some valuable information here.

I really don't understand how this happens. Just how did someone's acid posts keerp you away from info that's available all over the Web?

Nope, I think you just chose to cover your ears and say "I can't HEAR you..."
stormechaser
on 12/28/11 12:42 pm
DS on 06/08/17
Can't hear what? *****iness?  Condescending attitude? Holier than though bull**** I'm sorry, but I chose  nicer words to describe that person and attempted to be civil . She hid behind the gap of cyberspace and plunked out advice with a malicious dose of sarcasm. If a person not hiding behind the Internet spoke to me the way she did, well let's just say I wouldn't be so nice.

Cover my ears and not hear what? I saw plenty of people say how she helped them. Good for them. I am glad some people were helped. All I saw---and I read a **** ton of posts---was a controlling, ill tempered shrew bent on being queen bee of the duodenal switch. (add in the fact that the dsfacts.com site is heavily peppered with her and her input. That in of itself is highly suspicious.) Which, frankly, aside from the band-wagoners on this particular part of OH, has yet to prove to me to be the gold standard of anything. I am still researching this. Hence, why I started poking around the DS boards to gain some insight. None to be found, I am afraid, unless I kissed her ass and followed her like a sheep. No thank you.

Her postings were filled with derogatory rhetoric and generally made me, or anyone else who dared to ask a question, feel like an ignorant moron for daring to ask.  Ridiculous.  

I initially tried to go over to the other site thinking that people had finally had enough of her, only to find out she had been banned from here. Good! I for one reported her several months ago for bullying. I read her bull**** story that smacks of Stephen King on a bender as to why all whatever happened. Oh my God, who the hell cares??? There is more to life than he said/she said on a damn Internet board!!! Get a ******g life.

Well, I hope that clears up whether or not I heard her. Yes, I heard a ***** try and tell me what she thought. And not as a helpful friend or someone who has been there. NO, it was a do as I say or suffer the consequences dictatorship of Queen of all that is Duodenal Switch!

I tried to be nice, but when someone is as cruel as she and markets it as "help", well then I guess Dr. Mengele was helpful too. I am done being nice. To hell with this particular part of OH. For every bad apple over here, there are dozens of good and caring people on OH. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs