What is going on over here?

JazzyOne9254
on 12/27/11 12:36 pm

D is a fat soluble vitamin, stored in body fat.  It is possible to get toxic levels built up in your body, even with malabsorption.

Yes I understand all of that. 

The radiology techs are not allowed to tell you what they see on the scans.  If there were nothing there, someone from my doctor's office woud have called me, told me, and cancelled the bone scan...and my Dr. would have called me on my cell and cut me a new one, about my cal/mag/d supplementation.  I know it doesn't work like that for everybody, but  she is extremely conscientious. 

This is not my DS surgeon, this is my GP, who will likely refer me to an endo, depending on what she sees and  says to me tomorrow.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

newyorkbitch
on 12/27/11 9:01 pm, edited 12/27/11 9:02 pm
 What are you talking about?  I have zero parathyroid issues and I still get a bone scan every 3 years.  Why would they cancel the bone scan???    Do you even understand what a bone scan is for?

Jazzybabe,  you really need to stop convincing yourself that you have a better understanding of all of this than you do...because you know something?  Your health and your life depend on it.  You seem to need to be "different" from every DSers and of course there is some variation among us,  but the basic stuff - calcium,  D,  iron,  the other fat soluble vitamins....it is highly likely that we all will have issues with those.  It's simply what the DS does - of course there will be some exceptions,  but not many.  

You need more Vitamin D.  Your comment about toxic levels,  in your cir****tances,  is absurd.

What was your Vit D level when you last had labs done - and when was that?  Also how is your iron,  ferritin,  hematocrit,  hemoglobin,  TIBC?  Because the symptoms you describe are also those of anemia - which is common for DSers.

feeder3565
on 12/27/11 11:01 am
Hey girl, so glad to see you posting. When my PTH levels went up my endo put me on calcium citrate 5 times a day. I take mag ox. to balance it all out. Now I was also told to take 3 of the horse pills calcium citrate instead of 2 per serving. So that is 3 cal. plus 2 mag.ox 5xday. I take my zinc  in the middle of the night as I was low on it. After 3 months my PTH went right back to normal.

I know you suffer from Lupus and fibo. This has to be hard for you. After all the weight you lost and still not able to do the things you want to. It seems at times so many things hold us back in life. Weight is just one of many that can bring  life to a stand still. We must keep our hearts open to change at any time in our lives. I know you are a believer and a survivor. I keep you in my prayers. Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 12:59 pm, edited 1/27/12 11:28 pm

Jolly Rancher
on 12/25/11 6:20 am
Nobody bullied you! They told the truth to you, and you couldn't take it. You wanted the rainbow farting unicorns blown up your ass and you didn't get it. You wanted a lot of sympathy because YOU failed a class, and had a million excuses, including racism, why you couldn't find a job and get off disability.

I knew it wouldn't be long before you'd be back!

And just for the record, if you were THAT hyper malabsorptive, as you like to call it, I think you'd be falling into a skeleton right now!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
JazzyOne9254
on 12/27/11 10:27 am

If the skin were gone, estimates are I'd be right around 155-160, which is ok for my buil and age, and my doc doesn't want me gong any lower than that.   

I didn't go into this surgery looking to get skinny, I was looking to get healthier. 405 is definitely not that.

I weight loss doesn't cure autoimmune disease, but losing weight has made it better. 

Hope you have a wonderful and prosperous New Year.

NoMore B.
on 12/28/11 1:03 am
 Late to this thread and just catching up.

You said you had this surgery to be healthier, which is great - but do you realize that until you understand and take better care of yourself with your supplements you have traded in one set of problems for anohter?  These can be potentially worse.

NYB and the others gave you excellent advice.
JazzyOne9254
on 12/28/11 1:48 am
Joanne-

I understand plenty, and I am so grateful for your concern.

I will hopefully have my 3rd year surgiversary in February.  Having already ventured into toxicity with fat solubles, that is a trip I don't want to take again.   I have proactively increased my calcium 1000 mg above recommended dosage, so I now take 3400 mg daily.  I just had a bone scan today, I am looking at it, and I will discuss it  further with my doctors next week. I wi**** were as simple as vitamins and minerals   Dr. Inman will also be getting a copy.

I'll likely be going to the same hemo/onco I already know from my Mom's and other relatives' encounters.   

Got three answers today -  it's bone marrow biopsy, infusion and chemo time. My Dad left us from multiple myeloma.  I'm glad I have a big tote full of wigs. I've collected them over the years, for fashion's sake.  Of course, once my own below shoulder length hair falls out, the hairpieces won't work as well.  Or, I could use some double- sided tape, and start a fashion trend.

Now, if anyone tells me that cal/mag/d could have prevented what I'm facing now, I will jump through the monitor and personally deck you! 

Cancer is a genetic crap shoot for most, but it is becoming a genetic trait in my family.

I need a Xanax now. 

newyorkbitch
on 12/28/11 7:01 am
 What are you having chemo for?
JazzyOne9254
on 12/27/11 11:05 am

By the way....

Disability is *not* welfare....I worked for over 20 years in my chosen profession, until I couldn't anymore. My tax dollars paid into SSDI, every working American does.  It's long-term disability insurance...*not* welfare.

Perhaps you need to examine your own biases?  I'm just sayin'...

And yes, I am hypermalabsorptive.  I could probably eat the normal DSer under a table and not gain a pound!