Rectus sheath hematoma

Julie B.
on 12/23/11 11:46 pm - OH
Ugh....welp found myself in the ER last night for excrutiating left abdominal pain. I thought I pulled a muscle and went to urgent care, they called Dr. Maguire and he told the urgent care dr to send me over to the hospital ER pronto.

Pain continued to get worse (started Tuesday evening), and by the time I was in CT I was literally crying....it was akin to torture. They did give me some morphine after.

Diagnosis is Rectus Sheath Hematoma, uncommon, but happens. My H&H were fine as of last night and Dr. Maguire let me go home with pain meds and pretty much bedrest until I can get in to see him right after christmas (bless him for not keeping me over christmas!)

Ughhhh....I swear. One thing after another!

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

MajorMom
on 12/23/11 11:58 pm - VA
Oh, man! I'm glad you were able to come home. Take care and keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fullhousemom
on 12/24/11 1:30 am
So sorry that you have so much pain! Thanks for being a great role model and going to the dr/er right away. I dont want to think what could have happened if you waited and pondered on the idea. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
gak
on 12/24/11 11:26 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Julie,
That really stinks ! So glad you went and Dr Maguire took care of things right away. Feel better soon ! Things will get better. Hang in there ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Julie B.
on 12/25/11 10:54 pm - OH
Thanks all! I'm still in pain and for the last three days, anything, besides water, I throw back up. It's not nausea, I don't feel nauseated, its mechanical. Stuff just wont go down and eventually comes back up, even as little as a bite or two.

I think that the hematoma is pushing in on my stomach and wont let it accept anything. Dr. Maguire's office is closed today, so I have to wait until tomorrow to call in and go in to see him. I'm still in a lot of pain, and weak. I feel like I have this basketball inside of me pushing on my ribs and everything, can't bend over ....I just want it to go away.

I feel sooo hungry but know if I eat anything it will just sit there and do nothing and i'll puke it back up. I may try some oatmeal thinned out this morning....anything with a consistancy thicker then water I seem to have trouble with. Can't wait til tomorrow to see what Dr. Maguire says. What a pain!

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160