Why new site?

marilyn A.
on 12/22/11 9:26 pm - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94
I think I might have missed something here......can anyone tell me why we're all heading to the new site? thanks!

marilyn
MajorMom
on 12/22/11 9:38 pm - VA
Hi Marilyn. The exodus is mostly in protest to OH's over zealous moderation and biased moderation. They also banned Diana and that was "the straw that broke the camel's back".

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

marilyn A.
on 12/22/11 9:42 pm - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94
Thanks Gina,
     The mods here are tiresome.....banning Diana NOT a good idea!  She is such a valuable source of well-founded info. Think I'll check out the new site.......
MajorMom
on 12/22/11 9:45 pm - VA
Please do check it out. I'm sure folks will be happy to see you there. If you have trouble with the registration let me know.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sher Bear Mama
on 12/24/11 3:41 am
 Just to show you how ridiculous the moderation here is. I just got my post deleted today for giving the link to the new board.  I'd planned to keep posting on both but now I'm done here. 
Sher--the bear mama

newyorkbitch
on 12/23/11 1:49 am, edited 12/23/11 2:56 am
I'm the first person who doesn't like over-moderation,  but it's not at all odd for OH to delete a post linking to a competing website.  What if you posted an ad for Whole Foods inside a Stop & Shop?  Of course it would be normal and expected for Stop & Shop to take the ad down.   This no different.
Sher Bear Mama
on 12/23/11 1:59 am
 I understand why they deleted it--though your analogy is really spot on.  But I was just so surprised that they were watching so closely.  They suggested I PM the person instead but I'm sure they're looking at those as well. Call me naive--that's ok. I guess I had hoped we could share the "other" board and be a part of this one as well. 

Thanks for calling a spade a spade, NYB.  I know we can all count on you for that.

Happy holidays.
Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

newyorkbitch
on 12/23/11 2:01 am
You can certainly share the other board and be a part of this one...you just can't "advertise" the other board on this board.  You can PM about it if you want.  That's totally reasonable.

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 2:27 am
But is the other site competing if this one is ad-run and the other isn't?
newyorkbitch
on 12/23/11 2:52 am
Of course.  Because advertisers look at, among other things,  the number of posts and members on a site.  A competitor (obviously) draws members away.  Plus,  there is no telling if another site may or may not become commercial in the future.

Let's say you put an ad inside a Gap store for a Salvation Army store.  The Salvation Army may be non-profit,  but it still draws customers who want clothing away from the Gap.