13 Month Surgiversary

hoping4arealchange
on 12/22/11 1:45 pm - Portland, OR
I posted on my one-year surgiversary and I want to give a quick update.  I had lost 68 pounds at the end of my first year.  I was disappointed with the results, but hoped to make the most of the remaining six months of my weight-loss window.  I am happy to report that I have lost an additional 12 pounds in the last month (that may be the most I have lost in any given month).

I did have a little help . . . I had an anal fissure . . . which was way more painful than my surgery!  I cannot look a carb in the eye . . . I will do ANYTHING to avoid pain.  I have also been walking an hour a day, as for some reason, it seemed to help with the fissure pain.  I hope to keep up my new habits, but like I said, pain is a great motivator for me.   I hope to be painfree and maintain good habits.

I saw a colorectal surgeon who seemed to either be inept or an ass.  I ended up seeing a naturopath who specializes in rearends.  The fissure is healing.  The naturopath said that it was a fissure for the records and it was so bad it might not heal.  He removed scar tissue both internally and externally.  I've been using ointment and suppositories.  The pain is gone

Happy Holidays,
dawn

Sarah_Anne
on 12/22/11 3:49 pm
 Dawn,

Sorry to hear about your fissure.  I had one too so I can relate, though yours sounds much worse than mine.  Good to hear you are on the mend!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
fullhousemom
on 12/22/11 10:18 pm
 I have only heard horrible painful things about a fissure. Sorry you had to go thru that. I'm glad you are finally on the mend. AND losing weight to top it off!  Congrats and best wishes.