Hybrid- Where do I belong? DS or VSG

ellesix
on 12/22/11 8:37 am
Hey all. I am not sure where to post when I post because I just had the VSG (re-sleeving) portion of my DS done again. I was first a patient in '08 of another surgeon who never gave me the restriction promised....but that is another story.

I feel like I am a true DSer considering I can clear a room after a pasta dish, and I am quite familiar with the term 'oil slick'. So um, yeah... lol

With that said, I am experiencing restriction like I never have before. Like I have experienced a slimer, where the mouth gets watery from drinking or swallowing too quickly. Yeah, I am officially in the club!  I am a week out today. I have not had a BM yet (TMI) but I am not eating a bunch either. I pass gas like normal, except it isn't deadly like before. LOL 

I wanted to ask if I should still be on pain meds in order not to feel things going down after I swallow. Is this normal? It doesn't cause nasuea as it did in the hospital when I had the pain pump and regualar meds. I just want to know if I should take routine pain meds to avoid the feeling or not. This is crazy new to me.

Thanks! And I look foward to getting back to the boards and it is good to see old faces!

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
MajorMom
on 12/22/11 8:44 am - VA
If you didn't have your switch taken down but resleeved, you're still a DSr.   You still malabsorb like gang busters, right?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ellesix
on 12/22/11 9:15 am
yeah, as far as I know. and my gas is proof enough, I guess! lol

Did you remember feeling everything you swallowed? Should I continue the pain meds?

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
MajorMom
on 12/22/11 5:56 pm - VA
Sure did feel everything and still can feel it when liquid passes from the stomach to the intestine sometimes. Very weird but hopefully normal. If it doesn't hurt, I wouldn't worry about it. And, change your surgery type back to DS on your profile. You're one of us! lol

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Generic User_Name
on 12/22/11 10:16 pm
 You have a new sleeve portion.  You have the bypassed small intestines.  You are a DSer!!!

fullhousemom
on 12/22/11 10:28 pm
 The slime will go away.....unless you eat and drink together too quickly!  Remember not to drink anything with your meal. My doc says 30 mins before AND after a meal, avoid liquids. At 2 1/2 months out, I had steak the other day, drank my water and oh shoot. Off to the bathroom I went.  I threw up (more like spit up) only the water, but that feeling right before is nasty!  Early on, I had a little of the slime but I was on an acid reducer and it helped greatly. And Tums in the middle of the night. I am not so sure pain meds will help, because you never really mentioned being in pain. Talk to your doc about an acid reducer. I was fine (tums only when necessay) at a month  out.   Best wishes!
scoob
on 12/23/11 12:27 am - Somerset, KY
Congrats on getting resleeved! YUP, you need to change your profile back to DS. Getting that tiny sleeve you gotta learn to eat all over again. You're doing great! Keep us updated!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Valerie G.
on 12/27/11 8:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
If it doesn't hurt, don't bother with pain pills. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes