Pain in the stomach

k9ophile
on 12/22/11 3:41 am
GO.TO.THE.ER.NOW!!!!

The early post-op period is no time to mess around with pain.  I had chest pain and a couple other signs of pulmonary embolism.  Off I went pronto.  I was so grateful that I did.  NO, I didn't have a pulmonary embolism, yet my potassium was critically low.  Had I ignored the pain, who knows how much lower it would have gotten? 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Sher Bear Mama
on 12/22/11 4:51 am
 Get off of the computer and go to the ER--NOW.
Sher--the bear mama

Samaro ..
on 12/22/11 5:13 am
So sorry you are experiencing pain like this.  Pain is an indication that something is wrong and you need to have a doctor actually examine you to find out if it is serious or not.  Your own surgeon's office has directed you to go to the ER.  You have had several good suggestions from others on this board to go to the ER.  What you may not realize is that one of the people *****sponded to you and told you to go to the ER is a doctor.

Please go to the ER and get this checked out.  If it's no big deal then all will be well.  However, if it is something serious you surely don't want to get sick or die from ignoring it.  Do you?  Please go.

goodkel
on 12/22/11 5:38 am
ER. Now.

Don't make every Christmas a sad occasion as a remembrance of your death. If you won't do it for you, do it for them.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Mendoza
on 12/22/11 5:50 am - NY
Hi everyone thank you for your advise I just want you all know that I am in the er since 1pm, so far they did xray, ekg and blood wor, they also give me pain medication. They are going to do a ct scan now. Thank you for your help.
* Gail R *
on 12/22/11 5:56 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Thank you for going. We want this to be a happy holiday season. I hope it is nothing serious and the best way to know is to get it checked out. Let us know-we care.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

larra
on 12/22/11 6:06 am - bay area, CA
I'm so glad to hear this! I hope it turns out to be nothing serious, but without this evaluation, there is just no way to know.

Larra
teachmid
on 12/22/11 7:43 am - OKC, OK
You did the right thing. Please keep us posted.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Mendoza
on 12/24/11 1:28 am - NY
Hi everyone I am finally going home. They said it was an inflamation on my upper part of the stomach and also on the conection side, plus dehydration and uti. I am still with the pain but is fine with pain medication. Thank you for everything and merry xmas.
MajorMom
on 12/24/11 1:59 am - VA
I'm glad they got you sorted out. Good to have you back. Are you on meds for the infection and inflamation?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny