FOOD TRADITIONS

zuzupetals2u2
on 12/22/11 4:26 pm - Sedona, AZ
Will you be making new food traditions for yourself after your DS?

How will you handle all the temptations with the baked goods, candy, starchy carbs?

Do you have a plan of attack or rescue plan for yourself? What types of proteins are you planning to keep around in your arsenal???

Are you just going to enjoy yourself and worry about the discomfort & possible weight gain later?

I am just curious . . I have begun to snack on a few wrong  things " in the spirit of the holidays"( I tell myself (. .  and I am gassy now and need a plan . .  Godiva chocolate truffles aren't bringing me any lasting joy   . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Amanda-DS
on 12/22/11 10:20 pm
It all depends where I was in my journey.
My first BIG Holiday was thanksgiving and at a little over one month out by the time I was just eating a few teaspoons of anything- so it was meat first.
Then it was Hanukkah- and again after my tasty brisket ( melt in your mouth soft beef) I only had room for a bit.

Now over 10 years later I can eat alot more and do. However I still try to always eat meat first at all meals. Snacks I do eat at least two a day what I want still just stay under 200calories of whatever carb I want. Now that said meat, very old cheese or even nuts I do not include in the 200 calorie free snacks.

My trick for work where most the carbs lurk in my life, I have a huge jar of roasted nuts for when I want salt and a huge jar of natural cashew, almonds and dried cranberries. I love both of these snacks and just make sure they are the only thing I see in my office. Now I wish I could put on a pair of horse goggles and have no peripheral vision when venturing out of my DS CAVE to the break room. Not high enough on the pecking chain to have an assistant to send for coffee (lol).
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

scoob
on 12/23/11 12:35 am - Somerset, KY
I do plan more protien go to stuff. Cheeses, lil smokies wrapped in bacon, cheese hamburger and salsa dip with corn torilla chips, Cheese ball covered in almonds, almonds, peanuts, cashews. LOTS of other things.

BUT I will be tasting the treats. Cookies/ anything with WHITE flour doesn't even interest me. Even though I have been begged into making the chocolate chip cookies for the candy exchange, all the women make candy and cookies for christmas day, we lay them out after dinner, We all take a little of each thing for our family and thats our Christmas exchange.

My thing I "treat" myself to are the wonderful side dishes at our family dinner. We have about 30 women cooking 1 to 4 side dishes and bringing them to dinner. A couple tablespoons of this and that and you're stuffed!! This is my only holiday with "my" family.We spend the rest with DH's. I'm gonna enjoy!!

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Kayla B.
on 12/23/11 6:24 am - Austin, TX
I always have whatever I want on Christmas.  Always.  The first couple of years that had me in a carb coma by about 1 pm, but now at 4 years out, I can handle it.  One day does not make or break anything.

We always buy a ton of hot wings on Christmas eve.  This year we are frying them at home but we usually buy them.  The hot sauce based ones (instead of bbq or teriyaki) have very few carbs and a lot of protein and a lot of fat.  Then you can eat on the leftovers whenever you want.

Another change is that this year we have made both a ham and a turkey on thanksgiving and xmas.  lots of protein leftovers.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
meredith_123
on 12/23/11 9:26 am - Waterford, MI
I plan to endulge a little, but I still don't have that much room, so it shouldn't be too bad. I did make christmas cookies last weekend and ate so many on Sunday.  But I haven't touched them since.  And to pay for this, I've worked out at the gym every day since then.
I have gotten into trying lots of low carb recipes to help keep me on track this season.  Here's a couple links with a lot of great ideas.  The 1st one even has a low carb, high protein truffle that I'm planning on making either tonight or tomorrow.

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/11/weight-loss- surgery-holiday-survival.html

www.genaw.com/lowcarb/snack_recipes.html
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Valerie G.
on 12/27/11 8:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I'm a little late to the party, but I enjoyed everything!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes