Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary

Tina.D
on 12/22/11 1:48 am - TX

What a year it has been. 

Original weight 360-370

Current weight 172

Surgeon goal 170

But it is about much more than that.   I never realized how little I did but now that I do more I see the potential for even more.  Health issues, I was fortunate not to have any comorbidities but at the age of 50 it is inevitable.  Now my blood is even better.  I am much more aware of what I am putting in my mouth and why - I don't eat simply to try to get full, I eat to live that's it. 

I enjoy a much more healthy diet of meats, seafood, cheeses and other high protein items and have not even had the desire to eat the old pasta, potatoes, breads, rice that I used to live on.

Live is great with a DS, that doesn't mean it is always easy, heck there are some days I wondered what the heck I did to myself but the next day was always better. 

I was blessed to have a great surgeon who follows me closely, keeps on top of my numbers and makes sure I have any and all information I want/need.

Thanks always to God who gave me this opportunity to choose living I am indeed blessed. 

* Gail R *
on 12/22/11 2:19 am - SF Bay Area, CA
WOW, great job! I am so glad that you found good health.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

fullhousemom
on 12/22/11 4:23 am
 Congratulations!  To be at your goal in one year is fabulous!  
Tina.D
on 12/23/11 3:33 am - TX
Oh I plan on keeping going with whatever my body will do.  I figure it will tell me when I have lost enough and stop. 

As for now, I am enjoying my protein and seafood and loving life.

And yes, I tell everyone about the DS and Dr S.