3 month update (with a little surprise)

Sexyvt123
on 12/20/11 2:45 am
Sorry for the earlier post but I was trying to load pictures and it didn't work.  Hopefully it works this time around.  So far things have been going great.  The spitting issues I had seem to have slowed down a lot.  It seems like I was not chewing my food enough which caused the spitting and constant slimming.  Right now I am 3 months out and feel great.  So far no regrets on having the surgery.  The weight is coming off and I look great if I may toot my own horn.  (toot toot)  I know I have been missing in action but I have been so busy with work and the holidays.  This is my last week of work so hopefully I will get a little break to lurk around the board.  My sister got me P90x for xmas and im so excited to start working out.  Hopefully im able to do the program at this weight.  Well enjoy the pictures my progress. 

V
August 2011                                                                           Now

Sher Bear Mama
on 12/20/11 3:11 am
 Phenominal!  YOu must feel great!!!  Be sure to check out the other forum on at different site--many (if not most) of the vets and newbies have gone over there instead of using OH.

Here is the link:http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sher--the bear mama

Sexyvt123
on 12/20/11 3:23 am
Yes I do feel great.  Jennifer told me about the site and I just signed up for it. 

fullhousemom
on 12/20/11 3:36 am
You look wonderful!  What a change in three months!  Merry Christmas to you! 
Chad M.
on 12/20/11 5:15 am - Indianapolis, IN
Congratulations! I think you're fine to start P90X, as long as your doctor agrees. I started at a pretty high weight. There will be things you can't do--just do them as much as you can and watch the improvement over time. Do push-ups on your knees. Heck, get on all fours and just lurch down towards the floor a little bit if that's all you can do. Over time do a little more and a little more and eventually you will get there!
KarenFlorida
on 12/20/11 4:12 am - Orlando, FL
Congrats! You look great! I agree about checking out the other board. Everyone is there now.

About the P90X- I am a PA who works in orthopaedics, and I have seen a lot of injuries from that. It's definitely a GREAT workout program, but please start slow and don't force yourself to do too much right away. Stress fractures, muscle tears, etc. can have you laid up for a long time if you get them, and that's no fun when you're trying to start a workout program. That's my $0.02 and feel free to tell me to take a hike!

Merry Christmas!

Karen

Karen

Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Sexyvt123
on 12/20/11 4:15 am
Thanks for the heads up.  I will make sure to go very slow and take my time.  I know my limit and I will no push myself and cause a perm injury.  That would be awful.  Thanks

Kingy
on 12/20/11 4:12 am, edited 12/20/11 4:34 am - Hobart, Australia

Good grief!  I hope I look half as good at 3 month out!  Amazing stuff

Don't forget if you're going to get into a full on exercise program you'll need to increase your protein.

Sexyvt123
on 12/20/11 5:07 am
Dont worry you will look as good or even better.  I have to increase my protein already as it is so I will have to work on this double time when I start working out.

RKLC2002
on 12/20/11 8:26 am - Omaha, NE
Wow.  Way to go!!  You're doing fantastic!!!    I'll be at 3 months in mid January.  I LOVE my DS so far!!!

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013