Terry's Post Gave me the Courage to Post

Larissa P.
on 12/20/11 1:29 am - Denton, TX
Nannette, holy crap. I'm so so SO glad you are on the mend. More power to you.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
divakay2
on 12/20/11 1:44 am
Nannette,
I also had a revision with Dr Roslin on 9/27 from a failed  RNY to DS and had complications(leak,colitis,bleeding ulcer and unable to keep nothing down).All while in the hospital for a month I thought of you and had wondered what had happen.I'm glad to see you post and I know what you mean about being hooked up to a pump I was on TPN up until 11/30 for ten hrs a day.My prayers are still with you and wishing you great health............Kenya
Nannette
on 12/20/11 11:35 pm - Toms River, NJ
So we had some overlap in the hospital 9/27-9/30!  Wish we had known how to contact each other there -- hope you are doing better now.

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

stillhopefull
on 12/20/11 3:11 am
Nannette,
I am happy you are still with us to post.  You went through hell also.  Keep doing better and take one day at a time.  That is what I do now.  I will be very happy to see the new year come in and pray it will better for both of us.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Sexyvt123
on 12/20/11 3:13 am
MG Nannette

I read this and just started crying.  I was wondering what happen to you and where did you go.  I remember you went for surgery and someone said everything went fine but after that I didn't hear from you.  I can't believe you went through all of this and no one knew what happen.  I have been off the site for a while so I am lost with updates but to read this as soon as I come back just break my heart.  I dint even know what to say but im glad to hear that your ok and alive to tell this story.  I am happy you had the courage to speak out so others can understand how serious this is.  My prayers go out to your and your family and I hope you get better and healthy again.  You avatar picture threw me off but when I saw the name of the Dr and then looked at the name above it I said OMG that Nannette.  I pray everything goes well moving forward.

Vonett

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/20/11 5:14 am
 Oh Nannette, that is a horrifying story!

I'm glad you finally came back here - I think you need all the support you can get. Be very kind to yourself and keep healing. I'm glad you are finally on the mend.
* Gail R *
on 12/20/11 4:57 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I am so sorry this happened to you. I can sympathize because I spent many weeks in the hospital a few years before my DS.  My obesity related poor health lead to a chain reaction of health emergencies. I guess we have to judge the risk of obesity health problems and surgery complications. People need to know that this is no cake walk. No surgery is.
I wish for you a continued smooth recovery with no bumps in the road to good health.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Bette B.
on 12/20/11 6:10 am
 Good god, Nannette!

I've been on OH since 2003 and thought I had heard everything. I was wrong. 

While I am so sorry that you had to go through all the horror, I congratulate you on being strong enough to survive it all. It's such a blessing that you made it! We can only hope that your road is a lot straighter and simpler from now on.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Judi J.
on 12/20/11 6:19 am - MN
Nannette: I was wondering how you were doing, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this. Thank goodness you pulled through. (I believe in angels too)

I hope you are getting stronger each day and that you can adapt to your new anatomy. hugs, Judi
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/11 8:50 am - Bellevue, WA
 Nannette,
I am so sorry that you have had such a difficult time.  I'm glad that you are on the road to feeling better.  Thanks for sharing your story.