Convincing my PCP

fullhousemom
on 12/19/11 10:26 pm
You may also contact your new DS surgeon and see if THEY can recommend a PCP who is baritric surgery friendly.  I am sure that your surgeon knows who they are.  Plan a visit with the PCP before your surgery consult.  You can work this out!  Don't get discouraged.

Did I see you are from California?  I think there MAY be some differences with California.  Diane Cox is really the expert on that, and she has moved to the other site.
songbird177
on 12/20/11 2:08 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
The surgeon won't be able to tell me who to go to for a pcp as they are located 8 hours away from me. Plus I don't think any of the drs are famailiar with medi-cal (medicaid)
zuzupetals2u2
on 12/21/11 2:43 am - Sedona, AZ
This website recently got many of the most dedicated "pay-it-forward" WLS veterans angry, and we have started a new board. Please join us at weightlosssurgery.proboards.com to get input from experienced, healthy and successful WLS veterans regarding information you NEED to know before you make one of the most important decisions in your life. This site is beholden to commercial interests - ours is not.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Crazeru
on 12/21/11 5:04 am
You live in CA, we have the Calif Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) and Independent Medical Review (IMR).  You can appeal to them for your DS.  DMHC will rule that you do not have to do the 6mo diet before surgery. 

I think Dr Cirangle is coming up to Sacramento and doing surgery up here, not sure if he has informational seminars up here too.  Dr Rabkin is in SF and has his informational seminars on the 2nd Wed of the month at 6pm.  Before I sent in my IMR, I'd been to 2 different seminars and 3 user support groups. 

We have a local DS support group that meets at Lyons on J & 30th on the 3rd Thur of the month at 6pm.

Your PCP works for you.  I think they have to respond with in 5 days of asking for a referral.  I waited 6 weeks waiting for my referral, because I didn't know.  Is there a grievance process for medi-cal? 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

songbird177
on 12/21/11 7:03 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
Neither of those surgeons accept my insurance. Am I able to attend the support group at the lyons if I have surgery done in So. Cal?

I am not exactly sure what a grievance process is. How do you find out how long they have to respond? How can I speed things up or can I?