Help please

MajorMom
on 12/18/11 8:20 am - VA
Please don't be upset, I know it's frustrating. I think we're just sharing what worked for us and we're all very different in how we react to things after our DS. Just experiment and see what works better for you. There may be nothing wrong with the Muscle Milk, it was just an idea to try. 

I have had the best luck with Syntrax Nectar chocolate and strawberry protein powders and IDS MultiPro vanilla-cinnamon. If you're a coffee or hot tea drinker, you can add one of those to a chocolate or vanilla-cinnamon shake. You could mix the shake with about 4 ounces of water or Lactaid milk, {shake}, then pour the protein into a large mug and top off with hot decaf coffee or chai tea.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Mendoza
on 12/18/11 9:32 am - NY
Thank you for your recomendation and I am not opset I just trying to explain that I thought I was doing the right things because those are my doctor recomendation. I am not opset at all and I really apreciate all help you guys gave to me, thank you all.
newyorkbitch
on 12/18/11 9:54 am
Who is your doctor?
PatXYZ
on 12/18/11 10:14 am
Unfortunately, your doctor's advice is not always the best. Many docs know very little about the special needs of the DS diet and supplementation. I'd listen to the people here.
larra
on 12/18/11 10:29 am - bay area, CA

For some people your doc's recommendations might work (personally I disagree with him), but for you, something isn't working.
   A lot of this early out is trial and error, and you've already learned that these choices aren't working so well for you. I would go with water - try different temps, tea (warm), and maybe try something like Progresso Soup, but don't eat all the stuff in there, just sip the broth. I found that canned chicken broth didn't go well and didn't taste right, even the brand that I liked pre-op, but Progresso chicken soups went much better. The clear, not milk based soups, of course.
    Just make sure you stay hydrated and try different very mild things. It will get better.

Larra

Mendoza
on 12/18/11 12:22 pm - NY
Thank you I will try. My doctor is doctor roslin.
Crazeru
on 12/18/11 1:59 pm
I couldn't do any of the sugar free stuff... I had popcicles, pudding, crystal light, jello.  Water, broth, Ricotta fluff worked well.  Then I progressed to egg salad and tuna salad.  But, lots of water.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda