Help please

Mendoza
on 12/18/11 4:39 am - NY
Hi everyone im here in my 5th day feeling a little be better but every time I drink something except for water im feeling terrible cramps in my lower abdomen its may me run to the bathdroom and do pu and after that the cramp gone,it is like that since last night. I want to know if this is normal, and what I can do . Thank you any recomendation will be apreciate.
MajorMom
on 12/18/11 5:02 am, edited 12/17/11 5:36 pm - VA
Keep drinking water. Maybe add a little juice to it. Keep away from sugar alcohols. Also, if you're on full liquids and are eating Campbell's cream of chicken soup, it has gluten in it and sometimes we are gluten intolerant at first. Keep us posted but know that if you start getting dehydrated and nauseous, and that's easy to do, go to the ER.

--gina

Also, we can be lactose intolerant early out. Are you drinking or eating dairy?

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Mendoza
on 12/18/11 5:50 am - NY
I am only drinking crystal ligth, yellow free sugar, muscle milk light and like every two days brooth home made clear.
MajorMom
on 12/18/11 5:59 am - VA
See what happens if you stop the Muscle Milk. Keep in mind some of this is normal "liquids in, liquids out", and healing. It's a pain at first. Took me about a month post-op to get somewhat regular. I was able to go back to work 1/2 days at 2 weeks but it was iffy.

You might try to start adding or increasing your calcium and see if that helps firm you up a little.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

airbender
on 12/18/11 5:57 am
drink everything room temp or warmer, the warmer the better, that will help....but you are very early PO
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/18/11 6:08 am
Warm liquids help some, Popsicles were all that worked for me. I got some liquid from them, but the cold seemed to settle my stomach. And yah, I had the runs for a long time, until I could eat some solid food. Hang in there hon.
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 6:24 am - Beverly, NJ
STOP drinking sugars, sweeteners and the like. Stick to water and broth. You're too early out to be adding a bunch of junk to your diet. A great resource for dietary needs early pre-op is Dina's site: http://livingthedslife.wordpress.com/ds-resources/eating/
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 6:26 am - Beverly, NJ
I also just saw you're drinking muscle milk. Stop. You're too early for that. It's loaded with carbs that will make you're belly rumble and give you gas. It's also full of dairy which this early out can mess with you. Stick to water, broth and simple stuff. gradually add things on.
fullhousemom
on 12/18/11 6:44 am
 Crystal Light gave me cramps pre and post DS. Go back to plain water and later, add the crystal light for a few days and see if you can tolerate it. My doc told me to add one thing at a time to see what I could tolerate.   Sugar free popsicles were absolutely painful for me as well (sugar alcohols). Good luck!
Mendoza
on 12/18/11 6:53 am - NY
Bearmon what kind of popsicles did you use, and I only using the muscle milk because that was the protein the doctorr talk me to drink if is not that one wich one you guys think I shuol use now, and for more information I am not using sugar in nothing and I dont adding any junk, just what my doctor talk me yellow,crystal light and brooth and also the muscle milk.