DS causing mental issues?

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/11 10:05 pm
True what everyone else has said. Fat soluable hormones are being released as you lose weight. Causes crazy ups and downs. Meanwhile, find a professional to talk to. After all the hormones settle down, sometimes other issues arise. Surgery fixes the body, not the mind.

Hugs and hang in there!
Ratkity
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 10:01 am
As everyone else said, definitely talk to someone. I just wanted to add that irritability is a symptom of depression. People think of depression as just sort of being "down in the dumps" but many get anxiety and irritability. Not uncommon.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

PS Hormone fluctuation is well documented to cause mood fluctuations as well.
Lisa A.
on 12/18/11 10:34 am - Windsor, NY
I went through this. I just did not feel like myself for some time. I did talk to a doctor and he put me on something but it only made me feel more anxious and I had a bad allergic reaction to it so I was off it in a couple of days. She gave me zanax to use as necessary and it made me feel better to know that I had it if I needed it because I only every ended up needing it once or twice.

Like everyone else has said - your body just has to catch up with what is going on inside of you and that will take time. Just concentrate on hydration and eating what you can and you will slowly return back to normal or become your new normal.

callmeEJ
on 12/18/11 11:20 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, about 5-6 weeks out, my moods started swinging violently -- depression, barely suppressed rage, despair, etc. I had been on anti-depressants a few years ago, and I went back on them again. It helped a LOT.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
DarcyMad
on 12/20/11 11:20 pm - Cedar Park, TX
Sweetie I'm so sorry you are going through this.  All the info you have been given is correct, it WILL pass but there's NO reason or harm in asking for some help through the process.  Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness!

Also, I'm right down the road!  I can bring my kiddo over and we can hang out and talk.

I'm here for ya if you need me! 
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl