Potassium redux

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/16/11 2:50 am, edited 12/18/11 6:37 am
Whoa, hang on.

You're on coumadin? 

Most DSers take vitamin K, which is the antidote to coumadin. I had to take coumadin only for a short while, but they immediately switched me to Pradaxa when I told them there is vitamin K in my supplements. Pradaxa costs more, so insurance doesn't want to cover it UNLESS there is a good reason, like your supplements neutralizing it. The Pradaxa also doesn't need to be monitored in the blood, which is nice.

If you take K, talk to that doctor today.

If this poster has been deleted by OH, it was DS vet Bearmom. If you still need good info and support, you can find it at http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Its a Secret
on 12/16/11 3:06 am, edited 1/25/12 7:44 am
Removed because OH has chosen to share my posts, upload, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

Its a Secret
on 12/16/11 3:35 am, edited 1/25/12 7:45 am
Removed because OH has chosen to share my posts, upload, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

teachmid
on 12/16/11 3:40 am - OKC, OK
WOW. I agree, check with your surgeon and you need a really good cardiologist. This is more than you can fix on your own.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Its a Secret
on 12/16/11 3:51 am, edited 1/25/12 7:45 am

sandyv63
on 12/16/11 7:06 am - Naples, FL
I want to thank you for posting this because the fatigue I have been feeling lately has been getting worse. When I read your first post about potassium, I realized it sounded like what I was going through. I just got my order today to get my potassium tested and since it is past 6PM now, I have to wait until Monday to do it. But your original  post clued me in to the fact that my potassium is likely tanking again and it isn't just post op fatigue. I'd hate to think about what could have happened had I not seen your post. THANK YOU!!!
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Its a Secret
on 12/16/11 7:31 am
Thanks :)  Glad to be of service...  Hope your tests go well :)

Mary_J
on 12/16/11 7:36 am
I wouldn't mess with something as serious as it sounds like you have . . . but, as a note, I get the 'fluttery' heart thing when my potassium is low. I'm on a 75meq supplement because I'd have to take a ton of the OTC. Even on 75meq, I can run below range. My sodium is also low. I'm way past the low carb, weight loss phase, so I get plenty of salt on things like potatoes, popcorn, and chips.

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

Its a Secret
on 12/16/11 7:39 am, edited 1/25/12 7:41 am

airbender
on 12/16/11 8:54 am
I take a RX K, with ketosis our K will drop, and my heart was "skipping" and my resting heart rate was 32 bpm....(another issue)  be careful with your K.......