Excellent news! I am on my way!

songbird177
on 12/16/11 7:00 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
I am so excited I can't stand it!

For one, I found a DS surgeon that accepts medi-cal! (the only one in the state I might add)

And I just registered for the seminar on Jan 7th with Dr. Crookes/USC!!

I can't believe this is actually happening! I feel like dancing but with my mobility issues I don't want to injure myself so this smiley will have to do it for me lol.

Now to figure out how I am going to get to Pasadena lol.

Thanks for all of your help, to those who have responded to me. Couldn't have gotten here without you. It has been a fight since 2008 but now it feels so close.
sandyv63
on 12/16/11 7:09 am - Naples, FL
Congratulations! I am sorry I got confused with the other doctor and gave you incorrect information but I am glad others chimed in and steered you in the right direction.  Soon you will be one of us!

I stayed in Pasadena when I got my surgery last month so if you need an inexpensive yet easily accessible hotel to stay at (with lots of stores within walking distance, like Vons), let me know!
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
songbird177
on 12/16/11 7:25 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
I was thinking of just staying in the hotel where the seminar is held. I think it is called sheraton pasadena. Seems to have good reviews and I think I can get a room for $105 a night, taxes included. Too bad I didn't renew my AAA card lol. What do you think?
larra
on 12/16/11 9:42 am - bay area, CA
that's great news! Just don't let the RNY doc at the seminar upset you. No one here has anything good to say about him.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/11 10:23 am, edited 12/15/11 10:28 pm
Great! Once you attend the seminar you can make an appointment to talk to Dr.Crookes about DS. He won't talk to about it there because his partner isn't pro-ds. The hotel isn't very close to USC hospita like 15 miles away, l if I remember correctly.. there are closer ones.
songbird177
on 12/16/11 1:31 pm - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12

Well the seminar isn't at USC, it's at this hotel called the sheraton pasadena (sp) so I was thinking it would be convenient to just stay there lol but I don't know the area. And I heard it costs $15 for overnight parking.

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/11 2:01 am
Sorry  I misunderstood your post. I'm a dork. I was thinking you were gonna stay there after your surgery...lol... Good idea to stay there for seminar. Wish I had.. very pretty hotel. I think parking for the day of seminar was like 12 bucks..
sandyv63
on 12/16/11 3:59 pm - Naples, FL
I stayed at the Travelodge on Colorado. It was $51/night for a single and $55/night for a double when I was there in November. Free parking and free continental breakfast. It isn't as nice as the Sheraton for sure but all I wanted was a place to sleep in a convenient area. I have no idea where your hospital is so maybe someone more familiar can chime in and make a better recommendation if this is still too far.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

songbird177
on 12/17/11 2:33 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
Is the travelodge near the hospital or the sheraton?
sandyv63
on 12/17/11 5:35 am - Naples, FL
I have no idea. Map Quest it. I was going to do it for you but when I looked up USC Medical Center, I saw they had multiple locations and I have no idea which one you'll be at.