OT But I need shopping advice please!!!

stefaski
on 12/15/11 11:05 pm - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
I LOVE the hairdresser/ wash and set idea, especially if there is an in house hairdresser in the facility.  My mom was in a reabilitation center after a fall and fracture, and she looked forward to her wash and set every week (it was an on site beauty shop).  I think they used to charge about $25, if I remember correctly.   If they don't have an on site, I believe there are such things as travelling beauticians that cater to the elderly and homebound. 

What a sweet Grandaugher-in-law you are!

Best of luck settling on one of these great ideas on the post!

bdocker
on 12/16/11 12:22 am
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/11 8:05 am
subscription to Readers Digest--large print edition or chocolate.
gak
on 12/16/11 3:34 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Do you know what kind of sweets she might enjoy ? 

The people who are in a nursing home here from church.. we make homemade goodies and taken them a cookie tin full of a variety of different ones. Their eyes light UP as they so not get homemade sweet goodies. If you do not have time to back, check out local bakeries and I always put a few in a ziplock bag and then inside the tin to help keep them fresh until they are eaten.

Good luck deciding !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Bonnie R.
on 12/16/11 7:02 pm - Stratford, CT
 I'm wondering if she'd like a "bed jacket" or a light sweater to wear over her shoulders.  She is probably chilled like most older people (even though it is a million degrees in those places) and would like a little extra warmth.  

Also, she may enjoy some hard candy to suck on, older people also can have dry mouth due to some medications.  My Gram loved butter rum life savers.