USC Program with Dr. Crookes

songbird177
on 12/15/11 7:44 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
Has anyone gone here for their surgery? I believe they take my insurance. I can't seem to find any information about it online and have been trying to get ahold of someone yesterday and today. Couldn't get ahold of anyone yesterday and earlier was put on hold for a half hour and had to hang up due to it being long distance. Now they aren't answering their phones so I bet they are gone for the day.

Just wondering what the program is like and if it would be doable for someone living 8+ hours away from los angeles and what can I expect? I heard you have to persuade him for the DS and that's fine, I just needed someone who would take me lol.

Have a great day!
sandyv63
on 12/15/11 8:08 am - Naples, FL
Aren't you closer to Dr. Rabkin? He's very highly regarded as is Dr. Keshishian in LA. 
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
songbird177
on 12/15/11 8:39 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
Neither of them accept my insurance. USC is the only one in california i was able to find
sandyv63
on 12/15/11 8:57 am - Naples, FL
Isn't Dr. Belzburg with USC? Sher Bear Mama just hed her surgery with him so you might want to ask her. Is your insurance Kaiser? I believe this is the surgeon that Kaiser uses.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

Samaro ..
on 12/15/11 9:05 am

Belzburg is with Kaiser, not with USC.  Crookes is USC. :)

songbird177
on 12/15/11 9:07 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
I have medi-cal(medicaid) and anthem. I called all the drs in ca that do the ds and dr crookes office is the only one that would accept medi-cal.
Sher Bear Mama
on 12/15/11 10:52 am
 Nope Belzberg is with Kaiser.
Sher--the bear mama

sandyv63
on 12/15/11 8:51 pm - Naples, FL
Love your new avatar!

Samaro ..
on 12/15/11 9:10 am
songbird177
on 12/15/11 9:20 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
Just wondering what the process is like. Other programs have you go to a seminar before consultation. Is that the same here?

What about out of town patients? Are there many out of town patients?

What are typical pre-op testing? I heard something about a cardiac stress test, psych consult and bloodwork, just wondering if there were other ones such as EGD, etc?

Is there a waiting list or long wait period to schedule your surgery? (specifically a ds)

How often are the required visits? Should I expect to stay in town 2 weeks if nothing goes wrong after surgery?

Sorry for so many questions lol