starting to freakout

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 4:31 am - MN
DS on 03/13/12
So I had my psych eval today and the doc said that as long as the mmpi was good he would clear me no issues which would mean that all I got left are the 2 more dietician visits and the insurance approval and I am good to go.  My issue is that the closer I get to having everything done the more I am internally freaking out I am sure this is completely normal but man it just sucks.
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 4:35 am - Beverly, NJ
Totally normal. Yes it does suck but use that panic to your advantage and make sure you've done even more research than you thought you could do.
callmeEJ
on 12/15/11 4:40 am - Minneapolis, MN
It's normal! Just wait until you get to the 2-week freak... that's when things get REALLY hinky! Take a few deep breaths, keep connected with your support system (including this one/the FB group), keep talking to other DSers, prepare as much as you can. I already know you're pretty smart and can handle a lot. YOU WILL DO AWESOMELY.

And remember to breathe!
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 5:56 am - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Yea I really need to remember to breath, every time I start thinking about it my chest gets all tight and I get panicky. Think I am going to need to get some ativan or something like that at the 2 week mark lol. I still want this more then anything its just seamed like before it was taking for ever and now its getting closer and I have had more appointments lately so it seams like its going so fast. I am still doing all my reading and rereading everything I can I am working on getting my protein intake up so that I go into this with good stores of everything along with all the vitamins my labs were kind of borderline low on. I even took in a huge binder with stuff I had printed out for my PCP when I saw him the other day cause I had pulled out my back. Thankfully he is really willing to learn about this. Also still freaking out how the hubby and kids will manage with out me while I am in the hospital. I do all of my daughters diabetes care, I do all her middle of the night checks, and I dont want her quality of care to be lessened. Yet the hubby is just not into doing all the D stuff given he can do the basics but he doesnt handle the pump or cgm. Ok enough worrying for me for now.
scoob
on 12/15/11 6:23 am - Somerset, KY
Breath!! It'll all work out. Keep reading and preparing yourself!! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"