This is bad...

PatXYZ
on 12/14/11 12:13 pm
This is really bad. I've become addicted to shake cakes. What's wrong with this? I'm still a pre-op!!! At this rate, I'll be lucky if I don't gain 10 pounds before surgery! I can't believe how filling this is. I can barely eat a whole one now, so post-op I may try to make 1/2 at a time.

I've adjusted the recipe slightly, playing around with different measurements. If you like your chocolate a little darker and slightly less sweet you may like it:

1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of splenda
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons water
Small squeeze of sugar free Hershey syrup (about a teaspoon or so)

Whip together with a for****il smooth and thick and pretty uniform. Pour into ramken. If you have coarse sea salt, one quick crack on the top will do it. Depending on the shape of your ramken and whether you like it a little molten, nuke for 42-48 seconds (mine is perfect at 44). Heaven in a cup!

I've also tried it with chocolate-peanut butter Whey Gourmet protein powder, also awesome!

honeybadger 11
on 12/14/11 12:36 pm - FL

ohhh....i forgot about the shake cake. Ive been dying for some warm chocolate chip cookies. I bet this would hit the spot instead! Thanks for the reminder!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Valerie G.
on 12/15/11 2:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Gosh, this actually may be a way for me to enjoy protein shakes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

DianaRR
on 12/15/11 12:26 pm - CA
I haven't eaten one, yet. The other recipe I tried didn't work -- and the amount of oils seems gross.
I will have to try this.
Thanks!