DS to Rose or lap or sleeve which is best? revison?

brownsugargirl
on 12/15/11 4:11 am - Ambridge, PA
OMG .. clearly  I was upset.. at work I heard someone say look how big I let myself get ..  No fun having bmi of 43 again......
brownsugargirl
on 12/15/11 3:53 am - Ambridge, PA
Ok I had Rny 1999 then 2004 DS bith failed and I am not a troll... 
Its a Secret
on 12/15/11 4:01 am
Then the surgeon botched the surgery or you ate a hell of a lot of carbs.  The DS is only a tool...if it was done right, you shouldn't need more surgery, just to readjust your eating habits.  No surgery will fix that.

brownsugargirl
on 12/15/11 5:01 am - Ambridge, PA
Omg I just looked at that drs  profile ..... Omg Omg I think I would faint in his office...
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 4:06 am - TX
 Define 'failed'.   How much have you lost?  What is your current height/weight?  What are you trying to accomplish?

Do you know  your stats?  As in, what is the length of your common channel? Original size of your sleeve?

How are your labs?

What are you eating?  Are you sticking with protein first, complex carbs second, simple carbs third and alcohol sparingly?  

I'm not trying to badger you or be nasty.  I am trying to understand so we can better help you. Both of those (RNY & DS) are 'the big time' in terms of surgeries.  The ones you are suggesting revising to are much less effective.  Before you jump ship to revision, let's look at what's going on.

Is it a matter of your sleeve having lost it's restrictive properties?  Or do you feel your malabsorption has also gone the way of the dodo? 

I may be wrong but I think with that history, resleeving is about your only option of the ones you listed but it is dangerous, to my mind.  YOu might need to visit with a revision surgeon, like Kesheshian...fudge, I know there's another couple but my brain is not reving up.

Give us some mroe information so we can better help you.  If there's a way we can get you not feeling like your surgery has failed without sending you back under the knife, I'd imagine that would be preferable to you.
brownsugargirl
on 12/15/11 4:23 am - Ambridge, PA
Wow. See what happens it  has  beeen 2004 I did not know all this stuff wow... Rny 380  in 1999 and in 2004  DS .. Today I am back at 275...I am 5 feet 7. Today I had my upper gi  and labs and I should  be able to tell you more by tuesday. Wow back in 2004 we didnt know all this stuff ,...like no pop etc...Yes I thnk my sleeve needs fixed I am able to eat 3 times the amouts I use to eat ..
Its a Secret
on 12/15/11 4:32 am, edited 2/10/12 1:01 am
Removed because OH has chosen to share my posts, upload, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission. Moderation that is unfair and prejudicial.

Kathleen F.
on 12/15/11 4:10 am, edited 1/25/12 5:41 am

It is possible to revise your DS. In the meantime, what are you eating and what supplements are you taking?

[edited to remove personal information] So it is possible to make the DS you have now work for you still. Just takes a little more work.

nightowl
on 12/15/11 1:38 pm - Topeka, KS
I apologize for casting aspersions on you.  Your case makes more sense now that I have read through the pages of more recent posts to this thread. 

See if you can make your ERNY work.  If not, Drs. Keshishain or Rabkin in California can revise you to a DS, but it is a very, very complex surgery, and they charge quite a bit for it, because insurances don't compensate them in line with how hard, complicated, and risky it is for them to do.
teachmid
on 12/14/11 7:42 pm - OKC, OK
As the others have said, we need more information, BTW, the ROSE doesn't work. I had looked into it before my revision,
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165