11th Year Surgiversary - Reflections

stefaski
on 12/14/11 7:47 pm - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
Thanks for posting this!  Your positive experience is an inspiration.  I hope I will have the same outcome as you have!  God bless you!
lk1970
on 12/14/11 7:58 pm
All the best to an amazing woman! Thank you for helping me on my journey....
Hugs,

Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Jennifer C.
on 12/14/11 10:10 pm - Wyoming, MI
You ROCK!!!! I am already coming up on 3 years out and can't believe how time flies. Thanks for continuing to share your journey here at OH. You were very inspirational to me when I was a Noob! It is a whole differant life on the other side!
Mysticalmom a.k.a Jennifer
HW 320   SW 308   CW 160   GW 150   
160 lbs. GONE FOREVER!!!
I AM HALF THE WOMAN I USED TO BE!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 10:35 pm
Congrats Jillian on your 11 (wow!!) years of DS success! It's so important for us new DS'ers to hear from long term vets such as yourself--it gives me hope and inspires me just knowing my DS journey can mirror your own. Thanks so much for posting how happy and wonderfu your life is, it means a lot.
Nicolle
on 12/14/11 11:04 pm
Oh, Jillian. It is always so good to hear from you! I am so glad you gave us an update. I know you're going to be a wonderful Pilates instructor--so inspirational and supportive.

Best of luck on another great 11 years!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 11:06 pm - Lancaster, OH
Jillian,
What you've said here IS meaningful and helpful.

When any of us were (are) morbidly obese, could we, in our wildest dreams, imagine being able to maintain a healthy weight without struggling nearly every waking moment?

That your life is "normal" is wonderful!  So glad you posted this, and congratulations, and wishing you many more happy surgerversaries!
Renee2007
on 12/14/11 11:10 pm - Central, FL
 Awesome update, Jillian. You ROCk! Congrats on your continued success and happy life!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

scoob
on 12/14/11 11:14 pm - Somerset, KY
So awesome to hear from you! You are such an inspiration! Congrats and thanks so much for sharing!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 11:15 pm
Jillian,

This post is SO meaningful and helpful!!  At 6+ years out I am always interested and thankful for the vets that are 10+ years out.  Everyone that has gone before has helped me along the way.

Thank you,
Michele

Imissthe80s
on 12/14/11 11:23 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Yes, it is very special to me when I hear from folks who are 10+ years out.  It reassures me and it's also something I can share with others who say, "But what could happen in the long term?" Thanks so much for sharing.  It really is like a drop of water in the desert when I hear from long time vets, I drink it up!