Two year surgiversary 12/16/11. No regrets. Time sure flies by!

Imissthe80s
on 12/14/11 4:11 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Thanks, Dr. Steve! It must be such a unique gift to actually share the DS with your partner, it blows my mind really.  Talk about having an understanding of each other during the "poopy" times!

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 5:15 am
On December 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM Pacific Time, Imissthe80s wrote:
Thanks, Dr. Steve! It must be such a unique gift to actually share the DS with your partner, it blows my mind really.  Talk about having an understanding of each other during the "poopy" times!
It's a wonderful journey and I'm honored to share it with Tracy.  You should see the looks on peoples' faces at Starbucks and in restaurants when we (feel the need to) explain that we're married and we both malabsorb fat and, yes, we really DID mean to order that way.  They always respond the same way with, "What are the odds of two people like yourselves ever finding each other in the first place?  I've never heard of that!"  We just smile and nod most of the time.  Occasionally opportunity presents itself and we are both very willing to share DS information (sometimes too willing).  
J G.
on 12/16/11 12:32 pm
I agree, Steve.  Sometimes I explain the malabsorption and sometimes I don't.  Last night I was at a party. I went to the buffet and got a bowl of whipped creme.  When I came back to the table I saw everyone eyeing it up and some eyebrows being raised.  Finally some one got up the nerve to ask me what I was eating.  I just replied, "whipped creme," and licked the spoon making yummy noises...  Life's good.

Congrats to both you and Rags on you DS success!

- Jenny
determineddanni
on 12/14/11 8:38 am
Great inspiring post! I love reading these type of posts!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

pktwatch
on 12/14/11 8:51 am
Just awesome! I have followed your posts since I got here and you are a inspiration. I had a friend (lady) that had the DS and she did so well that I started looking into it but you are correct, a male prospective was needed in my case.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Beam me up Scottie
on 12/14/11 8:58 am
Congrats! Happy 2-year sugiversary
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 9:20 am
Happy two year already?! Wow! Congrats on all your success Steve--you're an inspiration to us all and a great asset to our DS board. Rock on!
Helinut
on 12/14/11 11:02 am
Congrat's Doc, it's been great to see your transformation, we are going to miss you but we will still be in touch! You have been my inspiration!
Renee2007
on 12/15/11 3:31 am - Central, FL
 WOW 2 years already! Seems like yesterday when you stumbled onto the forum. You are still rockin' your DS. So glad that you are a part of our family here. You look amazing! Tracy does too!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

feeder3565
on 12/15/11 4:15 am
Thanks for paying it foreward. You and Rags have a wonderful story to be told to all who will listen. Keep on talking and save some lives. Karen