An Introduction and a Thank You

stefaski
on 12/13/11 9:13 am - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
Hello Everyone!  I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Stefanie.  I've been quietly lurking in the background, absorbing the excellent information that all of you so generously share in the message boards. 

I've read your wise advice about being diligent about protein intake, supplements, regular lab work and about the importance of being your own advocate to make sure you stay healthy. 

I've appreciated the candid way you speak about good, the bad and the smelly.

I've noted the delicious recipes that you share, knowing that it may be awhile before I can enjoy them,  but keeping them in mind for motivation when times get rough (I think you call it "buyer's remorse", right?).  

I've especially enjoyed the jaw dropping before and after photos that show all that you have achieved.  I know it's taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get there.  But I also see the fabulous glow in the faces reflected in your after shots that show the deserved satisfaction of a job well done.  

I've been in awe of the stories about how you have taken hold of life again - taken control of your health issues, played outside with your children, participated in 5-K's, started exercising and invested in plastic surgery to complete the transformation. 

I've been on a journey to get DS surgery since 2008.  It's been frustrating at times, but I know that everything happens for a reason.  Reading this message board has kept me inspired, determined and on track.  I just found out today that I was approved for surgery and scheduled for January 9, 2012.

So I wanted to give you all a great big, heartfelt and yes, emotional, THANK YOU for so generously sharing your experiences and "paying it forward". 

God bless you all!

edeldog13
on 12/13/11 9:39 am - MO
Well welcome! January 9 will be here so fast, so take deep breaths and hang on!
I'm making room for you on the bench....I'm still a newbie so I am literally making room for you!
I hope recovery is a breeze for you. Just remember to sip and walk!
stefaski
on 12/13/11 10:21 am - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
Thanks for scooting over!  How are you feeling? 
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 9:54 am
Welcome!

Congrats on getting your surgery date!

Michele
stefaski
on 12/13/11 10:19 am - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
stefaski
on 12/13/11 10:22 am - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
Thanks for that!  And for all the wisdom!
sara3
on 12/13/11 10:07 am
Nice to meet you, that is a sweet post.

I see by your avatar you like little Britain... no but yeah but no but........

stefaski
on 12/13/11 10:15 am - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
"Oh my God Shut Up!   . . .  I adore them! 

How about my girl Marjorie from Fat Fighters?  I've met a few of those ladies over the years. "Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like. "

Nice to meet you!!!

orangecrushed
on 12/13/11 7:25 pm, edited 12/13/11 7:26 pm - Triad, NC
LOL! Love Little Britain! Glad you've come out from behind the shadows. :) Best of luck with everything!
stefaski
on 12/13/11 7:40 pm - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12
Then you and I will be great friends!  Hope your recovery is going smoothly!