ADEKs / Dr. Gagner patients

jmckel1
on 12/13/11 2:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi,

My apologies if this has been addressed before, but I can't find the precise answer to my question in the OH archives.

Dr. Gagner's pre-op shopping list includes ADEKs from axcan.com. I looked at the site, but it only mentions something called "AquDEKS", which I presume is the newer version.

I purchased the 90-day DS starter kit from VitaLady. Is the ADEK-equivalent included in the starter pack, or should I order those in addition to the starter pack? I've asked Dr. Gagner's office for clarification, and also e-mailed the VitaLady store, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,

Julie
Valerie G.
on 12/13/11 2:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I've seen people get much better results from taking their ADE and K seperately

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PatXYZ
on 12/13/11 3:07 am
If you're doing the Vitalady regimen you're covered, as her plan will have a lot more than would be found in the ADEKs.
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 3:18 am
Julie,

Here is what is in the Aquadeks:

Two round AquADEKs chewable tablets contain 18,167 IU Vitamin A, 800 IU Vitamin D (cholecalciferol), 100 IU Vitamin E, and 700 mcg Vitamin K (phytonadione) as well as other necessary vitamins in a water-soluble form.

My levels tanked using these.  For instance, I take 75,000ius of A every day to keep my A levels up.  I take 100,000iuis of D.  I was taking 150,000 ius of D until I got them up.  Most DSer's need between 50,000ius - 150,000ius of D every day.  I don't think I know even 1 DSer that takes less than 50,000ius daily.

That's the difference. 

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 3:24 am
PS.

Sorry, I have CRS!

If you purchased Vitalad's starter pack you are covered and don't need the Aquadeks.  You just saved yourself a lot of money. :)
jmckel1
on 12/13/11 4:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks to all for the speedy reply! As always, I am grateful for this board, and for the old-timers' willingness to share their hard-won expertise. Thanks again!
sara3
on 12/13/11 10:04 am
Hi,

I went with Dr G's recommendation and also got the vit lady vits... so I have both the aedks and the regime vit lady advocates... but I think I could have saved myself 50.00 some bucks by what I am reading seems the aedks don't have all we need, I will let Veronique know about this in terms of changing the documentation they send out for pre-op patients.

Sara

beemerbeeper
on 12/13/11 6:06 am - AL
Any all-in-one ADEK can not be individually adjusted.  So what you wind up with, eventually is taking an ADEK and still taking extra of the vites individually to get what you need.

Just skip the headache and take VitaLady's schedule.  Her schedule has the ADEK you need to start with and then you individually adjust as you go by your labs.

~Becky

J G.
on 12/13/11 2:06 pm
Julie, I saw Dr. Gagner when he was in Miami.  I followed Vitalady's plan.  After my first set of labs, Dr. G's PA said to keep doing what I was doing, 'cause everything was good.

HTH, Jenny