1st post-op appointment. Any one know what happens?

beth-28
on 12/12/11 11:16 am
My 1st post-op appointment with my surgeon is tomorrow. I have a few questons to ask him ( the indentiation on my side, how are my incisions healing...that sort of thing.

But what usually happens during this visit? Do they draw labs? what should I expect? Is there anything I should ask him?

Thanks for any help!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

meredith_123
on 12/12/11 11:19 am - Waterford, MI

At my 2 week checkup, they weighed me in, checked my incisions, asked if I had any questions.  Also went over advancing my diet with the nut.
They didn't order any labs until 3 months out. 

5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/11 11:22 am - Burlington County, NJ
Basic checkup. Check your incisions, see how you're healing, talk about diet advancement if appropriate. No labs. (Remember you will get RNY diet advice. Diet information pertaining to healing gut is the same, but all the other stuff is not.) 

halblingefrau
on 12/12/11 11:27 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Is this the 1st appointment after your operation, or your 1st month appointment?  My 1st follow-up was really short.  He checked my scars and my drain, asked me how I felt.  I was in so much pain from the drain slipping inside me that I got extra pain meds and the drain was taken out sooner than usual.

My 1st month appointment was when I got a review session with the nutritionist and we went over how I was feeling and what I was eating and my vitamins.  I also got a lab slip to get labs drawn for my 3 month checkup.

Ask your surgeon anything you want to know.  I was so preoccupied with the intense pain from my drain that I didn't ask him much else.  Basically the inside of my drain slipped out of place (it had been put where my gall bladder was).  Also, I didn't have a lot of questions for him because the bariatric program I went to (plus the vets on this forum) had me VERY well prepared as to what to expect.

Although I will say, that bright orange oil slick in the toilet was shocking even though I knew it was coming.