A DSer's "Routine"

cartwrightna
on 12/11/11 11:35 pm
 Hi - I'm still very much in the reserch part of my weight loss journey and this site has been great. 

I've been doing research and have an outline of what is necessary as far as suplements post surgrey. I was wondering if some wouldn't mind sharing their day-to-day routine as far as what they eat and suplements they take and when.

Thanks!
newyorkbitch
on 12/11/11 11:41 pm
I'm 11.5 years post-op.  I take a lot of vitamins in the morning,  some mid-day,  and a handful at night.   I also get periodic iron infusions.

Check out vitalady.com.

I have no eating routine - I eat what I want,  when I want,  with a focus on protein and limits on simple carbs.  I haven't had a protein shake or anything like that in over 11 years.

beemerbeeper
on 12/12/11 12:15 am - AL
This is the list of supplements we recommend:  www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf .  Many surgeon's do not recommend all the supplements we have found that we need.

This is the list of labs we recommend:  docs.google.com/Doc.  Again, many surgeon's do not order all these labs and you will have to find a way to get ALL of them done.

As for what we eat?  Varies widely, but we try to get at least 100 g of protein a day and many of us need even more.  You can follow your labs to see how you are doing on protein.

Hope this helps.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/11 12:25 am, edited 12/28/11 9:02 am - Burlington County, NJ

I have purposely removed the content of this and other posts on this thread.

morgangirl
on 12/12/11 1:04 am - MI
EN - How do you get all your calcium in only twice a day?
Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/11 1:26 am, edited 12/28/11 9:03 am - Burlington County, NJ

morgangirl
on 12/12/11 1:36 am - MI
Thanks for the info!  I will bookmark this for next time I need to restock my calcium.  Glad it works so well for you. 
Its a Secret
on 12/12/11 10:25 am
EN,

I'm having such a hard time making myself take the BA calcium.  Do you think as new as my stomach is I could get those down and digest them to the point they would help me?  I have 4 days of my vitamin grace period left and my only failure is the calcium.

Thanks,

me

Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/11 10:27 am, edited 12/28/11 9:38 am - Burlington County, NJ

pycca
on 12/12/11 1:37 am - Haslet, TX
I take a handfull early early am,,4:30( work in surgery) then a batch around 8 and at noon and before bedtime,,, I adjusted for what  my work schedule  is..

eating is what ever   I want, as long as it has protein  if I have a carb craving, I try to do it closer to time to go home,, LOL

rest is governed by what my labs tell me... change it when I should.