OT Christmas Cards

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 12:54 pm
Am I the only one that sends out a Christmas card and letter to everyone each year?  I send out a LOT and always order 20-30 extra that I send to the Mail for Heroes at Walter Reed. 

Barely any of my family sends any out.  Am I crazy?  I just enjoy doing it.

Do you guys send them out?  How many if so?
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 4:03 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
I send them to my friend and family, and for my friends who have kids I send each child their own card as well. Its fun for me to get all the cute cards and the holiday stamps from the post office. Just my thing, given I dont know how much my friends are going to enjoy the fact I sent their kids musical christmas cards that play jingle bells when you open it LOL
provolisa
on 12/11/11 4:36 pm - Provo, UT
I have enjoyed sending out Christmas cards to friends and family for many years. I didn't this year, what with being in the nursing home, and all.

Usually, I make all of my Christmas gifts, so the cards are a way to extend wishes to people I just can't make gifts for  due to lack of time, money, etc. (I start every January for the next year)

I enjoy sending religious ones. It is a simple way to share my Christian beliefs. I don't mind if anyone else has other beliefs, I just enjoy the opportunity to spread mine in an expression of love and best wishes.

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

z85sparty
on 12/12/11 3:25 am, edited 12/12/11 3:26 am - Mason, MI
I have every year for the last 5 years.  We don't do the Christmas letter, we do the photo Christmas cards that I design myself.

I just finished stamping mine and put them in the mailbox about 30 minutes ago.  This year my Christmas Card list had 300 names on it.  That's a lot to me, lol! 

I also do Christmas Boxes for all of Scott and I's co-workers and closed friends.  This year I have 30 boxes to do and each box contains 6-8 different type of homemade baked goods that I make from scratch!  

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/11 10:40 am, edited 12/28/11 8:53 am - Burlington County, NJ

M. Miller
on 12/12/11 4:30 am
I send them out...about 50-75 of them, and I handmake them every year.  Sometimes a letter accompanies them, sometimes not, depends on what is going on in our life that year and time constraints.  
adkmtngirl
on 12/12/11 5:23 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I send out about 100 cards every year. For family and really close friends they get a picture of the kids (and this year copies of dd's senior portrait). I used to design photo cards but getting enough printed started getting too expensive, so I switched how I do it.  I put a yearly recap letter to a few of my older relatives who aren't online, that way they can keep up with the family, and I include special dates for the coming year- graduation dates, birthday party dates, family reunions, that way they have advanced warning as to whats going on and aren't shocked. It's easy to surprise my aunt & uncle with how quickly these kids are growing up. LOL
Kristina

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 7:08 am
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has made this a tradition.  I've sent them out for 9 years now and plan to continue.  This year, there are 175 on the list.  I order a 5x7 photo card that has pictures of all 5 of our kids as well as a family picture.  I send a letter too, with the updates for the year ;-)
Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/11 10:38 am, edited 12/28/11 8:54 am - Burlington County, NJ

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 5:02 am - Saint Louis, MO
I never send out cards but now I'm bummed that I didn't know about this Mail for Heroes program until it was too late.. they request the cards be sent before 12/9.  Next year though!