OT - Gluten-Free Bread or Divorce

Not yo business OH
on 12/11/11 8:03 am
Hi guys.  I am about to face divorce if I don't start following a gluten-free diet!  DH is too tired of the gas issues.  He went out with me and bought me a bread machine today and then we went out and bought all the gluten-free products we could find locally for making bread.  I accidently put 2.5 TBS of Xanthan Gum in my recipe instead of 2.5 tsp!  Is it going to fail?  Am I going to have way too much bacteria in there? 

And to those of you who are going to fuss at me for eating bread, I put protein FIRST, but sometimes when we travel, a sandwich is so convenient and nice to eat.  So there.

I am not a baker by any means, so please advise.

T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
MajorMom
on 12/11/11 8:07 am - VA
Please keep me posted on how this goes. So far all I've done is gluten free baking mix pancakes and almond flour pie crust and gluten free pumpkin bars.

www.elanaspantry.com/

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Not yo business OH
on 12/11/11 8:33 am
I baked a loaf earlier today. It was from a box.  It turned out great.  That is when we decided to try to make some from scratch.  The one I am making right now has cheese in it.  I would be excited, but have already had to add about a cup of milk to even get it to mix.  The next batch is going to be cinnamon raisin.  Today has been a big day for eating at our house.  We bought two pounds of beef brisket today at the bbq truck, and boy!  It was so yummy.  Still eating on it.  If I ever get up the nerve to be honest, I plan on posting on your bites and vites.  I take my vites, but feel like a pig the way I eat.  It would take all day to post all the food I cram in my mouth throughout the day.  Still 3 pounds below goal and happy with my ds.

MajorMom
on 12/11/11 10:25 am - VA
When you find your favorite recipes, I hope you'll share them.

lol You're always welcome on B&V. I hope more folks will start posting so new folks will see how much different we all eat.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lisa A.
on 12/12/11 10:08 am - Windsor, NY
I'm with you on this. I feel like a hog when I see what some people eat. They are so strict with the protein coffees, etc.. Gosh - I know I don't eat alot at one sitting but I eat every few hours.

Emily F.
on 12/11/11 8:13 am
Vitalady sells a variety pack of all gluten free protein bars adn I liked every single one of them.
stromgardgirl
on 12/11/11 8:30 am
I believe it's Udi's who makes awesome gluten-free products or so I've head from several people.

Not yo business OH
on 12/11/11 8:36 am
Thx.  I think that is the one our grocery store carries.  I have tried the one they keep in the freezer section at our store.  It was okay, but very dry.  The loaves are really small too.  The one we baked today was fluffy and good.  It was lacking a little in taste though.

gak
on 12/11/11 11:14 am
Revision on 06/21/13
I have tried several http://www.bobsredmill.com/Gluten-Free  products and have liked every single one and no gas with them as with standard products. Sometimes I find it on clearance and I stock up on it then. HTH 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Not yo business OH
on 12/11/11 9:21 pm
Everything I bought last night was bobsredmill.  I didn't have much gas, just a little, which I guess would be normal.  No bloating at all!  I bought brown rice flour, xanthan gum, soy flour, baking flour, and who knows what else.  I have always used their cornmeal flour for making things like squash casserole.  I spent a small fortune though!  None of it was on any type of sale.  Now I am going today to goodwill to look for cute containers to put all my new flours in!