5 Year Surgiversary!!! 12/12

Victorious_one
on 12/11/11 10:42 pm - South Central, PA

Congratulations, Jinjer!  
Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 12:00 am - Bellevue, WA
 Jinjer,
Congratulations!!!  I'm glad you are doing so well.
Renee2007
on 12/12/11 12:03 am - Central, FL
 Happy Surgiversary, Jinjer! You are looking awesome!!! 

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Julie R.
on 12/12/11 12:51 am - Ludington, MI
Hey Jinjer!
Glad to hear you're doing so well.    How are your labs holding out?
I've been maintaining easily too.    I had about a five pound bounce recently, cut out all gluten products and my weight tumbled right back down.   That's been it.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

jinjer
on 12/12/11 9:53 am - Eastwood, KY
Julie,

My labs have been pretty good, with very little effort.  I do have osteoporosis, however, my hematologist and I both think it was more related to my post menopause than anything.  I am 6 years post hysterectomy, and didn't really stay on top of the bone health thing, mainly because of my weight.  I know, I'm a bad NP!!  Anyway,  I had a reclast infusion last year and we are going to discuss a 2nd one this year or switch to forteo. My calcium and PTH haven't been bad, but we went ahead and bumped my D to 50,000/day.  I now do a variety of calcium, including calcium cream.  My hemotologist wants to try sole calcium cream for 3 months and see how I do on my repeat labs.  I also had an iron infusion this past summer, only because my iron stores were getting lower, but still normal.  My h&h was good, but again my hemotologist wanted to head it off.  He is so awesome!!  

Jinjer
Julie R.
on 12/12/11 9:56 am - Ludington, MI
 Let me know how the cream works!   I was told that cream would help serum calcium, but not bones, because the calcium needs to be absorbed through the gut.    Are you using the Seablue Calcium?

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

jinjer
on 12/12/11 10:06 am - Eastwood, KY
 Yes, seablue.  My hematologist and my GI doc both use it for Chron's patients.  they poo poo the idea of serum calcium only and not helping the bones. 

I will sure keep you updated.

Jinjer
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 6:44 am - WAKE FOREST, NC
nightowl
on 12/12/11 7:56 am - Topeka, KS
Thanks for the update -- it is so good to hear!
rose78
on 12/12/11 10:38 am - san jose, CA
Congrats  ..
 Time  does fly...you have done amazing  thanks for sharing.

ROSE 78