Eat ****e and dye

kirmy
on 12/11/11 5:36 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Big wind. Oddly not just from my arse.  We had 150 mile per hour winds and the earth turned upside down.  The Hospital went into the major incident plan and we lost all power. The crash buzzer system went off for 10hrs straight...wha wha wha wha......and then was disabled so if anyone arrested we had to just scream until someone came.  GRRRREEEAATTT.   Trees and trucks came blowing  by and landslides ate the roads. At one point there was no way in or out of town due to flooding and land slides. Ambulances could race around either side but accomplish very little. 

It was pretty stressful.

Then the power stayed off and the snow came. I managed to get home but living in a heavily wooded rural area meant that the road was strewn with old growth forest that was too large to bend.  Beautiful oaks and Scottish pine lay like beached whales across the road.  The Jeep and I edged around the casualties and I felt as if I was driving around an elephant grave yard.  Somehow a dignity had been breached......something greater than my meager years of life had been offered up to the storm.

When I got home there was a tree crushing my back fence and obscuring my yard.  The four story high tree behind the house was still standing but many boughs were threatening to crush the kitchen and bathroom. The power was off.  The bangs came every now and then as branche**** the roof.  The wind keened and shreiked.

After three days of minus 2-3 weather the power has finally come back on.  I've been living on nothing but **** Seriously....nothing but total ****  My stomach has been bubbling and roaring like a blocked city sewer.  I've eaten crisps and pringles for meals...followed up with bags of M&M peanuts and snickers bars washed down with cordial.  I have slept huddled around the fire place with my head torch, unwashed and irritated.  Nothing of any nutritional value has passed my lips in three days.

So in short an inconvenience has meant that I didn't do the basics to get my protein and vitamins in.  I'm angry at myself for the neglect.  How ******g irresponsible. 

Once upon a time I'd be full of self loathing for gaining weight now I know I'll likely have **** myself even thinner from this horrendous behavior.  I am playing with a very loaded deck and I know better.   I am so ******g angry with myself for being such a jerk.  I could have eaten canned tuna on crackers, or bought a cooked chicken and snacked on that and had my protein shakes but instead I made childish choices that will hurt me. 

And I know better than this.........

The clean up begins, both literally and metaphorically.

I need to do better then this..................

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
teachmid
on 12/11/11 6:21 am - OKC, OK
WOW, Kirmy. Sounds like it's been a really stressful few days. Are you sure you don't live in Oklahoma?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

kirmy
on 12/11/11 6:43 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
There is no place like home.....

MajorMom
on 12/11/11 6:48 am - VA
I saw the weather reports when I was reading the BBC web site the other day and figured your were in the thick of the worst of it. I was swinging....frogs for you like crazy. I'm glad you're safe even if you made lousy decisions regarding protein and vitamins. Get back on track and please keep us posted on how you're doing and how you're coming along with the clean up from that devastating storm. Keeping you and your community close to my heart.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

kirmy
on 12/12/11 2:43 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Thanks love.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 7:27 am
Wow Kirmy, scary stuff!! 

When the last hurricane came through, I stress ate a lot. I hate wind storms!!! Lost power for just a little while.

When talking to my therapist about my total disregard for myself and eating crap, she said "you were scared and it's ok to be scared. Being prepared for a storm doesn't mean you aren't afraid".  That was just a total shock. I'm the perpetual Girl Scout and am always prepared, but for some reason I took that as also not being afraid. Just something for you to think about.

Glad you won't kick yourself down and will just go forward!! That is progress.

Give the terrier-ists a hug for me!

Hugs,
Ratkity
kirmy
on 12/12/11 2:45 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Hmmmm I suppose you could be on to that.  Today I've had a protein shake and three bits of chicken and am roasting a chook for dinner with my protein 60gram shake. Nom nom.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 7:59 am
kirmy
on 12/12/11 2:46 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Yesh all is now well.

Emily F.
on 12/11/11 8:11 am
I think you need to cut yourself some slack. It was 3 days of stress. No biggie. Hugs.