Update

lovy19
on 12/11/11 4:11 am, edited 12/11/11 4:12 am
 Happy holiday's everyone,   This has been a good experience for me so far, as of December 7 2011 I went to see Dr. Roslin for my consultation who by the way in my personal opinion of course,  is a very warm and straight to the point kind of doctor.  At the visit he explained what the DS entailed and also told me about how important it is that I take the vitamins, at first I was a. It scared but after he explained the surgery to me I am more confident than ever that this is the right surgery for me.  I am tired of failed diet pills and failed surgeries, so for the knowledge I gained listening to him and also following this forum I learned that the DS long term weight loss record is the best.  On that day I also saw the nutritionist and the psychologist, I also had a upper GI so that he could see if my Lapband slipped which he said did not, he also stated that just because it did nt slip that doesn't mean that it is not causing the discomfort that I am experiencing. He also noticed that my pressure was high and asked me if I was on any high blood pressure medication, which I was not, my doctor had me monitoring my pressure so that he could have a record of when it went up and Down, I explained this to doctor Roslin nurse who stated that it was too high and I should go back to my PCP so that he could check it, when I did it was higher than it was the day before so he started me on high blood pressure medication which made me sadder than ever because I am worse off than I thought.    

As for the visit with Dr. Roslin, I saw the insurance person who gave me six month weight loss papers and told me to have them filled out along with a sample letter for the insurance carriers to show the PCP how it should be written, because I have been going to a  nutritionist since 1994 even with the Lapband I contacted him and he told me because he is a cash only nutritionist he don't fill out those papers but he is accustomed to what they want so what he do is write a letter which consist of four pages stating  why he feel the surgery is needed it also include diet and weight loss history and along with it he also send a copy of my weight loss history with my consent of course to the surgeon.  I asked him do he think that will be enough he stated I have been coming to him since 1994 and just stopped last year So yes, also he does this all the time and his other patients have not been turned down.  I also asked him to fax a copy of this to my PCP so that I can have him take a look at it and maybe fill out the six month papers that they are requesting.  I would just hate to get turned down.  My weight is now 244 pounds @ 5'4with high blood pressure.  Any other advice would be appreciated.  Oh my nutritionist said to give him Two weeks to get it in The proper hands.  Off the topic I was trying to Change my post op status to pre op but for the life of me don't know how.  Sorry for the long post just nervous and excited at the same time.    
sandyv63
on 12/11/11 6:07 am - Naples, FL
Glad to hear you are making progress. In no time we'll be making room for you on the loser's bench!
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
lovy19
on 12/11/11 7:42 am
 Hi Sandy, 

Thank you, I'm just hoping what my nutritionist gives is enough.  By the way how Are you feeling?
sandyv63
on 12/11/11 9:53 am - Naples, FL
Dr. Roslin has a nutritionist he works with who can probably help you if your's can't/won't. My NUT was anti-surgery and refused to help me. I used Dr. K's for my eval.

I am getting better every day. Today was the first day I got a shake down without too much trouble. I hope that lasts. I could do better with liquids but I sip all day and still fall short although I haven't become dehydrated.  I started freezing chicken stock and eating it like ice pops. It helps.

Do you have a projected surgery date yet?
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

lovy19
on 12/11/11 10:08 am
 No projected surgery date yet they are waiting for me to get the weight loss records back to them my weight loss nutritionist is writing up a letter which he states will be four pages and also attaching my weight loss history since 1994 to 2010 which is more than enough, it will take approximately two weeks to get done once dr Roslin office gets it they will send for approval.  Already had TSH testing and upper GI Dr Roslin didn't ask for any other tests, just waiting for weight loss history papers for ins company he also told me not to worry because they usually get approved for Lapband revisions and if not they appeal and it's approved.  I'm happy you are recovering well.  I can't wait to be one of the losers.
sandyv63
on 12/11/11 10:11 am - Naples, FL
Sounds like you will be on the loser's bench soon enough. I'm so glad things are going well with Dr. Roslin. He'll take good care of you. Just think, this time next year you'll be a skinny B!

lovy19
on 12/11/11 10:34 am
 Lol needed that laugh.  Thanks Sandy :)