Talk to me about Egg Protein...

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 12:42 pm
Smells are probably pretty bad for you right now.  Early out, in Brazil, I thought I was going to die from the smell of some unfamiliar spice they use there. 
Crazeru
on 12/12/11 11:36 am, edited 12/12/11 11:47 am
http://www6.netrition.com/optimum_egg_protein_page.html

I use Optimum Egg White Protein.  Prefer the Rich Chocolate, over the vanilla custard.  The vanilla doesn't mix up as well as the chocolate.  But, by the time I add in Special Dark Cocoa 2tsps, 4T Peanut Butter, some vanilla, a banana... it works.  I add most of that stuff to the choc too.

If I'm going to be busy on the weekend, I'll fix a double scoop drink with the peanut butter is around 60g.  I blend it with a stick blender and just add crushed ice and water...

Being lactose and whey intolerant sucks, but it's doable.  I haven't noticed if the gas is worse.  Regular whey shakes made me a farting machine. 

I'm down to the bottom, so it's time to order again.  This is the cheapest place that I've found so far.  I get the order quickly and generally order 3-6 tubs at a time.  There are 29 single servings per big jug.

Did a quick search Amazon - $29.??
Then this place has it for $25.33 not sure about their flat rate shipping - Netrition is $4.95.
http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=49 35&pxc=1&sh=10

I did find a place for $23.?? but you had to join something for $19.95/mo...  not going to happen. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 12:40 pm
Thanks Chris.

I wanted to tell you that the only time I ordered from supplement warehouse, I never got my order and had to dispute the credit card billing. 

I will look at allstarhealth and a few other places.

Michele
prettypixels
on 12/13/11 9:14 am
I just started using egg protein, and I am so so so happy to have found it. The chocolate tastes like chocolate milk; NO whey taste! No funky chemical taste! Nothing. The ingredients on my tub are: egg albumin, xylitol, cocoa powder, natural flavor, xanthum gum (that's a natural thickener I think), lecithin, and stevia.

So it does have xylitol but I don't think xylitol is usually one of the ones people react badly to, is it? I thought malitol was usually that culprit.

The taste is lovely, it IS expensive ($22 for 12oz tub at Vitamin Shoppe, they also have individual samples fwiw).

If you go to a store to buy it, be careful; Jay Robb sells a whey protein also and the container looks EXACTLY the same. I bought the wrong one and was so confused when it did not taste like the sample I'd had the day before!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 10:45 am
OK. I am going to try to get samples of this also.

Thank you!