Update! Kinda long... sorry lol Remember that BC!

determineddanni
on 12/9/11 2:05 am
As you all know I got sick this last Monday and was very worried it might affect my surgery on the 19th. My immune system sucks and I can't take decongestive meds that have pain killers in them. So I am really limited.

So I want to thank all of you who helped me! I cleared with my doctor that mucenex was ok to take and boy it was absolutly great! I didn't get my usualy sinus headache or dry mouth and nose. I absolutly loved it! I also drank like 6 cups of echinacea tea a day! lol I got that olive leaf extract nose stuff. I had to get the oral stuff and use it with a netti pot but it worked. Drank tons of water and had to visit the bathroom a lot! lol

I am now feeling a lot better! Thank you Lord!

Also I realized that I need birth control! Yipe! I totally spaced getting this prepared after surgery. I know I won't be in the mood or even physically able to do anything right after surgery but knowing my husband i need to plan ahead. Because he is a big man perv!

Anyways I totally spaced this and need to get my second type of birth control. I called my orginal OB-GYN up and asked if she would mind taking me on with this surgery. She said no... soooo I decided that is for the better since she is just a nurse/midwife and i should probably find an actual doctor. Since i will also be having kids after this surgery. So with that said i started looking and no one local is available and wants to take me on.... So I called my faithful Missoula Clinic's and they said one would take me on! WOO HOOO! So I have an appointment set and and we will discuss what option is best. I really dont want the depo shot because i really don't want all those hormones all at one time especially when i am already going to be a raging hormone person during weight loss. So nuva ring or mirena iud are looking like the best options.

ok so i just totally blabbed and blabbled. I just wanted to stress that DON'T FORGET the BC!! It would be dangerous to get pregnant during the months of weight loss. 2 forms of birth control ladies!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Valerie G.
on 12/9/11 3:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I'm so glad you thought of this.  When I read about someone getting pregnant the first year post-op, it scares the heck out of me for them. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

determineddanni
on 12/9/11 6:57 am
I know what you mean! I often lurk on the pregnancy board because I want to start learning as much as I can about post-op and being preggers. I have never had children so this is super important because I won't be 'normal' pregnancy.

I have seen women only 7 months out saying they have baby 'fever' and are starting to TRY TO GET PREGNANT!!! WTF (sorry for the language)

Why would you chance that and why would you put your baby through that?! Its beyond me!

Its a Secret
on 12/9/11 3:37 am, edited 2/10/12 1:14 am
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

determineddanni
on 12/9/11 6:59 am
oh i completely believe ya! poor thing:( yea i don't really consider that an option. I am thinking nuva ring is the best choice.

sandyv63
on 12/9/11 4:22 am - Naples, FL
My surgeon takes this no getting pregnant thing for 2 years very seriously and I remember him saying at the consultation that the Depro shot is not an option post op. I wish I could remember why but I am sure it has to do with the hormones.  I do know that he said  it is unreliable. He suggested one barrier form of protection and the other could be an IUD and I can't remember what else. I'm 48 and not interested in having children so I kinda zoned out.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
determineddanni
on 12/9/11 7:00 am

This is exactly what I said to my husband. Why would you inject hormones into an already raging hormonal weight loss patient... it seems like it would throw it off. I wouldn't trust it at all.

Kingy
on 12/9/11 5:39 am - Hobart, Australia
For various reasons my partner and I don't want to risk having any more children since I had the switch, so we discussed our options.  I am extremely not keen on IUD's (and neither is he) so he's decided to have the manly schnip and is scheduled just before christmas.  Here I was worried about how I was going to deal with not getting pregnant, totally forgetting it takes two to tango but he's come forward with a solution that I honestly hadn't considered.  Guess he'll be getting breakfast in bed while he's recovering  

honeybadger 11
on 12/9/11 7:14 am - FL
Im sooo glad the mucinex worked:) I recommend it to everyone since it saved me from going to the Dr. for a serious sinus infection. Between that and the neti pot...both worked great!

Ive been through the WHOLE rigmarole on BC! Nuvaring, while convenient, gave me debilitating migraines during my period week. GYN told me to not have a period week so then i had break thru bleeding and had to wear a maxi pad DAILY!

Then came the patch. UGH! dont even bother!

Now im on to the IUD. I was freaked originally about using it, as i to plan to get preggers in 18months and i know you risk a slight chance of it growing into your uterus. I talked it over with my GYN (today actually) and she said its never happened with any of the IUD's shes places and that the % on a properly place IUD is tiny. So im in!

Shes going to try to get my insurance to cover it so hopefully i will be ready to go but the end of the yr:)

I figure the IUD is best anyways because me and hubs are terrible with any barrier method. we havent used anything like that in over 9yrs so its hard to go back...and i hate it!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com