Which vitamins keep you from sleeping?

Jennifer D.
on 12/9/11 12:31 pm
I have been having trouble sleeping for the past few months and am wondering if it could be my vitamins keeping me up? I switched around the vitalady schedule to take vit. C and iron before bed so I could take the most vitamins in the morning when I woke up. I also read somewhere that multivitamins have caffeine?? Just wondering what your experience has been and if the vitalady schedule is structured that way to address these types of issues?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
honeybadger 11
on 12/9/11 2:27 pm - FL
Preop I took my Iron and C before bed and didnt sleep for 2 weeks. I thought i was going to lose my mind! Well the Iron i was taking had B vitamins in it and i did some research and found out some people are sensitve to C. So it might be that. How close to bed are you taking your B vites? Those would be the 2 things i would check on...B and C:) 

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Jennifer D.
on 12/9/11 8:34 pm
Thanks Jennifer, I was taking C right before bed (literally). Getting B shots so not taking B. I'll have to adjust my schedule, I wish everything could just be consumed in one fell swoop when I wake up in the morning but so many vitamins need to be kept to themselves with at least an hour before and after taking others or eating. Sleep would be good : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
honeybadger 11
on 12/9/11 10:58 pm - FL
HAHA! i know how you feel! And Im still a DS baby so it takes me an hr to finish each set right now! ugh!

Sleep is so good! I thought i was going delirious. It took me awhile to figure out that it must be the vites and i wasnt sleep but maybe 2-3hrs a night, I hope moving C away from bedtime helps:) Some people take their iron in the middle of the day when they havent eaten for an hr or so.

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Valerie G.
on 12/10/11 2:31 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Hmmm, I finish my vitamins by early - afternoon, so I never noticed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes