Just sayin - not all lose the boobies and butts

Valerie G.
on 12/8/11 3:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Yeah, yeah, I know that a good many do, but this all has to do with body type you had underneath.  Wanna know what you have?  Look at the normal-sized relatives in your family.  My mom's side is all curvy, even when thin, all hips and boobs.  Well, guess what I shrunk down to?  I've got them too.  Yeah, my boobs shrunk from a 52 DD to a now 36 D (much to my surprise, I thought I was a C, but just in great need for new bras).  There's a fellow DSer here in town who's got some lovely bazooms as well, and I think she's nearly 4 yrs post op, so don't despair. 

Also, I wanted to let you know that your body will continue to adjust over the years.  I've not had plastics, so it's all natural, and I've noticed that areas aren't as flabby and my boobs aren't as droopy as they once were.  No miracles here, but just looking at the mirror and saying "hey, this isn't quite as bad anymore".  My boobs look just like my aunt who's never been obese (yes, I made her show me).  My butt is still curvy and chunky as it should be.  I think it hangs lower than it should, but my friend assures me it's a cute lil booty that hangs where a 40-something butt should be.  My thighs are the one thing that have no chance.  I thank God every day for bringing Bermuda shorts back into style. 

So, my advise is to not stress over the changing bodies coming to you.  Most is well-concealable.  Get the shapers a size larger so they're comfortable and you don't feel like a stuffed sausage, then enjoy the smoothing effect they have. Just cuz it's in your size, doesn't mean it's going to look as good as it does on someone else.   You may find that some of the popular styles don't quite fit right, but just try something else - for another style will look absolutely fantastic. 

For the love of Pete, get yourself good undergarments.  My stomach is ugly, however easily concealed with a little elastic and I feel quite svelte.  I loved Lane Bryant's Balconette bra for a good many years.  This week, my friend dragged me to Victoria's Secret for a proper fitting and a bra that fits me better.  I must admit it's so much better with proper undergarments, even today.  I feel so BUXOM.  She also introduced me into little spandex-like camisoles that do a little extra smoothing and help hold the boobage high and tight.  I must say I'm impressed with the results of the extra support going with my extra support.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

newyorkbitch
on 12/8/11 3:34 am
...and before my plastics,  my boobs looked like empty tube socks with baseballs on the bottom, between my sternum and bellybutton.  And nobody in my family has anything like that.

We are all different,  our skin,  our genetics,  our health, our ages...one person's experience is not an indication of what will happen to somebody else.

Valerie I'm glad your body is doing well - but loads of people here aren't so lucky.  I was one of them,  for example my batwings under my arms were so bad that I was physically uncomfortable and there was no way I could wear short sleeves.

Violet S.
on 12/8/11 8:32 am - NY
 I hear you on the batwings. My boobs and butt came through the weight-loss just fine, but I think my arm skin quit holding out hope loong ago! It's frustrating because my arms aren't terrible.... they are just regular bad... like tantalizingly close to being reasonable in short sleeves, but not quite.  A very annoying problem to have in the summertime, but compared with weighing 270 pounds, I'd rather be skinny with yucky arms. 
Larissa P.
on 12/8/11 3:46 am - Denton, TX
Yeah, my boobs look like my mom's - small and saggy. I didn't have good boobs to start with, so I plan on getting AWESOME boobage with plastics.

Didn't cure my saddle bags, which run in the family, either. Nor the flattus buttockas.

Batwings run in my family no matter the size, too.

So, yeah...glad YOU got good genes.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Valerie G.
on 12/8/11 4:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Not necessarily all good genes, it's just what was underneath the fat.  They all have large breasts that look like bowling pins (got that).  They all have wide hips that come with ass and large thighs (got that).  They're also all short, with me being the tallest at 5'5".  My point is to look at what the family traits are to get an idea of where you'll wind up when all the weight is lost.  That's 1/3 of the equation, the rest being luck and where the weight was held.

Valerie
DS 2005

Alusien
on 12/8/11 3:53 am - Waxahachie, TX
I've noticed my body goes in phases. One month I'll be all droopy with the cascading folds of skin, and the next I'll notice that it's not as bad as it used to be.

My poor butt looks deflated, though. :(

honeybadger 11
on 12/8/11 4:32 am - FL
Shapers and minimizers are wonderful! I worn them for along time and will (obviously) continue to. They really do do wonders:) They even have minimizers for batwigs! I totally plan to pick some up in the summer. Honestly, i would rather have sleeves on a minimizer showing than my scary batwigs!

I had nice boobs but i dont think there is a chance in hell ill come out of this with anything but deflated socks. They are already looking sad after one month.

I will hold out that my lovely bodacious ass will hold some of the meat back there:) Im not worried either way tho. I made hubs promise me that unless we were living in a cardboard box it could get plastic:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

sandyv63
on 12/8/11 5:22 am - Naples, FL
I started out with a pancake butt so no chance for me to grow one now. I am holding out some hope that the girls will not end up looking like sock puppets though. My C cups are really round rather than tube or torpedo shaped. You know, the kind that go east and west rather than due south. There's always hope...
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Blank Out
on 12/8/11 6:21 am
 Val is right.  We are what we are.  I have always been a short, curvy girl.  Nothing is going to change that!   And, for a short, curvy girl, I look pretty good!  I always wanted to be tall, with long legs.  I will have to be happy with what I've got.  Also, over 40 here!  Gravity does what it does!  Hope to have plastics one day, but, that is far into the future, and hopefully I will find some $ to do that!  Until then, shapewear is my friend!!!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Valerie G.
on 12/8/11 7:15 am, edited 12/7/11 8:47 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Time and money never come together at the same time for me, either. I'd love to get fixed up from my waist down to my knees one day, but until that day ever comes, I've learned to be comfortable in my own skin, and to never wear skinny jeans. I look like an exclamation point!

Oh, and I'm over 40 too!

Valerie
DS 2005