IBS Pre-op, how's it post op?

BBoop
on 12/7/11 6:48 am

Mine is pretty much gone.  I really don't have the find a bathroom issue anymore.

My first surgery left me miserable...but once I had my stomach redone (made like a DS stomach) I've been fine.  In actuality, I had a short common channel with a big stomach and believe me that doesn't help anything...it made it worse.  Getting the small stomach and rerouted intestines did the trick for me.

I definitely wouldn't let IBS stop me if I had to do it over agian.  Now remember early out you will have some bowel issues but as soon as your tummy and rerouted intestines are healed you will be fine.

B

Huneypie
on 12/8/11 12:55 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Thanks for the info.  Sorry you had to go through 2 surgeries to get there.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/7/11 8:02 am
I'm one of the lucky ones that left my IBS behind after getting my DS. After an entire life of diarrhea punctuated by occasional constipation, I'm regular for the first time in my life. These last (almost) 4 years have been like a dream.
Huneypie
on 12/8/11 12:57 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Awesome.
dtabor5
on 12/7/11 9:16 am
Well I am sorry to say that if anything it is worse... but I have tried a gluten free diet and things are getting better and better...

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

Huneypie
on 12/8/11 1:00 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I'm sorry to hear that.  I was expecting to hear a lot more of this.  I guess as they say, you prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Would you have the surgery again?  How bad are things... marginally worse or really dreadful?
dtabor5
on 12/8/11 1:15 am
NOW first understand there are more that are better than there are worse, so you cannot base your thoughts on my case. Everyone is different.... mine is a little worse BUT my Surgeon has never put me on anything for it and I am going to a gastro Doctor. next week so I am sure after that it will be fine...

Would I have the surgery again OH YEAH!!! there are FAR more great things than bad.... I am healthy, I have lost over 110lbs. and I am happy... now bathroom issues are a pain in the butt... wait sorry I really didn't mean to say that...

I am so sure that you are going to be fine and that even if you have issues you wont care as long as you are healthier.. Good luck!!! and making a spot for you on the loosers bench!

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!

Huneypie
on 12/8/11 1:22 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Hi Denise, at least things are only a little worse.  It's great that you're so positive about things though.

I really hope your doc can help you when you see him next week.  You'll have to let us know how you get on.

BTW what's your common channel length?
dtabor5
on 12/8/11 1:38 am
I swear I think it is 125... I may be wrong and it bad that i have forgotten but it has been 3 years....

and yes please let me know of your journey and how you are doing afterwards... I am not going to lie to you the first two weeks after you are going to ask yourself, " What the hell have i done" but it normal and you are going to be so weak and tired but the way I got throught it was to tell yourself " I will feel better and have more strength" and i promise you will not think so but you will!!!

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!