How am I doing, and what could I be doing better/different?

beth-28
on 12/7/11 3:36 pm
Hi Happy,

Thanks for the advice. I don't have a binder (should have gotten one) but I had a spanx cami that was loose on me before surgery. I tried to use that as a kind of binder, and it actually worked. It didn't feel too tight and was supportive, but when I took it off I had a terrible, diffuse discomfort! It alarmed me so much that I put a call in to the surgeon.

I was worried that maybe I had restricted or cut off some blood supply in my abdomen! After a while the discomfort subsided and the surgeon said it didn't sound like I had done any damage, but I'm a little scared to try it again. I see him for my 1st post-op appointment on the 13th, so I will discuss this stuff with him.

My bed is a low-to-the-floor Japanese platform bed, so it's difficult to get in and out of by myself while I'm "impaired." My dear hubby offered to pull the recliner into our bedroom so we could at least sleep in the same room, but I didn't want him to go to all that effort. But it was sure sweet of him!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

lk1970
on 12/7/11 8:26 pm
Youre doing great! Keep pushing the liquids... the LAST thing you want is to become dehydrated!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!